Apprentice looking for better work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orez

Reaction score
Hi so I've been doing an apprenticeship and been doing day release at college for about a year and the firm I am with just aren't providing a full enough working experience because that is not the nature of their business. All I've really been doing is maintaining, repairing and replacing equipment in social housing and I am desperate to get on site and do more installation work be it domestic, commercial or industrial.

Was put onto here by one of my tutors so I thought I would see if anyone is looking for an Apprentice with a years experience in the Manchester or surrounding area, so please get in touch if that is something you would be interested or could point me in the right direction to someone who might

Many thanks

best apprentice I ever had was like yourself and came to me with a years experience, saved me a lot of slow, basic training. Good luck with the hunt for a new job.

I don't blame you for wanting to broaden your horizons, but don't feel too bad about being on maintenance work. You may learn more than if doing new installs all the time.

Maintenance is good for developing your fault finding abilities, install whilst more involved, gets pretty mundane the more you do it, I shall retire to maintenance once finished with installs!!

Put a note up in the local wholesalers. Even if its just some additional work at weekends helping out on rewires etc. It can be difficult as my apprenticeship was all industrial, I only ever touched twin and earth at college and it was a very steep learning curve when I started out on my own doing domestic work.

Good luck and I hope you find something.

Have apprenticeships changed that much that you can change employer during your term of apprenticeship?

Last edited: