Apprenticeship Wanted

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty.price

Reaction score
Hi my name is Matthew and I am 37 years old. I want a career change and want to become an electrician. I live in Denbigh,Denbighshire ,North Wales.I am seeking an electrician or electrician company that would be interested in taking on and training up a hard working and eager to learn guy. As an apprentice?? Earn as you learn kind of thing. Would anyone be interested in giving me such an opportunity??

Matty,

I'm probably the nearest (regular posting) forumite to you (Prestatyn) and I'm afraid I'm finding it hard going enough to pay myself at the moment,,,, never mind taking anyone else on :eek: its a tough world out there at the moment and unfortunately this is not the trade it once was..... don't believe the "earn £50k" hype or "skills shortage" malarky that some of the training companies spout!

So apart from the above,,,, whats your background?

What courses/modules have you done?

Ive done a bit of most things! Mainly agricultural. I'm a bit of a "jack of all trades" I've got ten gcse's and a national diploma in Agriculture but have had enough of farming to be honest. Have you got any suggestions?

TBH before anyone would think about taking you in you'd need to have done a few courses,,, these would probably take you 2 or 3 years of  2 evenings a week at a college

Personally I'm not up to date on what are the best courses to take, but someone will come along soon with the information