Eic Advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajhalls16

Reaction score
Hi, Im a part qualified electrician but have recently change careers to become an air conditioning engineer however I do not want to not use the electrical qualifications. I'm looking into a part p qualification. Does this mean I can install the electrics for an air conditioning unit or would I need further training.

Thanks in advance.

part p is a building reg. the 'qualification' is pretty much useless and you'd still need to register with a scheme and pass their criteria / assessment to be able to notify work anyway

part p is a building reg. the 'qualification' is pretty much useless and you'd still need to register with a scheme and pass their criteria / assessment to be able to notify work anyway
I thought this was the case. My new employer mentioned doing the qualification so was trying to find out more about it.

Thank you

I thought this was the case. My new employer mentioned doing the qualification so was trying to find out more about it.

Thank you
I'm thinking your employer is possibly mixing up Part P with the 2391 inspection and test qualification which would be of more use to you and your employer

Last edited: