Are Firehoods required on 600x600 modular fittings within suspended / false ceiling?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening

Im in the process of pricing a small refurb on a local shop, the owner has been told by another electrician that they need firehoods on 600x600 modular fittings, i wouldnt have thought they would ne needed as the fittings are not goung to be inset into original ceiling, (suspended ceiling being fitted).

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

I've not heard of that before to be honest. as the original ceiling is intact anyway. that would be one hell of a firehood wouldn't it at that size.

1st, grid ceilings are fire barriers ,

2nd, is the original ceiling actually still intact? or has it been smashed about a bit, thus negating its integrity?

On some jobs I've been asked to independently support the fittings using all round band, jack chain or similar but never fire hoods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've fitted thousands of mods in suspended ceilings and the only time fire barriers were used is where the tiles were see through cross shaped things the barriers were used to stop the light that got through the back of the fitting lighting up the ceiling void

Hi guys, I need to get a meter calibrated asap, is there a place I can walk in and wait and get it done, I only know of sending it off, cheers

Latest posts