Are Snickers Trousers Best?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a couple of pairs of DeWalt's. Very comfy, good pockets etc but...

The button has blown off both pairs, the same button that is stamped with

Guaranteed Tough! :slap :slap

Of course it could be because since I bought them < 1 year ago I may have put a little weight on. ;)

I think I'll try the snickers, hold on though, isn't that the reason my buttons flew off in the first place. :D

The Dura twill trousers very comfortable and the knee pads great. Only trouble if you bending up and down all the time they do tend to fray around the crotch area.

Maybe that just my arse getting to big thow!!

I had some dewalt's (actually still have them). Hated them, they were uncomfortable. Got snickers again right after and hardly warn the dewalts.

Snickers are worth their money as they last ages. I had a pair of dickies and hated them! They were too easy to tear and made from horrible nylon/polyester material. Nice and sweaty in a loft in the summer. Just bought some dewalts which i think are a good compromise. 20 quid cheaper but just as wellmade as snickers. Have slashed them with stanley already tho.

The Dura twill trousers very comfortable and the knee pads great. Only trouble if you bending up and down all the time they do tend to fray around the crotch area.Maybe that just my arse getting to big thow!!
I remember now.... that's what happened to mine... I replaced them last year though and they have changed the design.. no seam up the middle so nothing to rub:(

I have tried a few well known brands, but always return to snickers, I find them better wearing and more comfortable than others, I also like the size range they have which is tailored to many different builds. I have recently been looking at the mascot range, but will probably stay with snickers.

Snickers are the only poeple I have found so far that do womens work trousers with knee pad holders in them. Until I discovered them last year, I was wearing mens trousers and feeling very silly

I have worn snickers trousers for 4 years and i am on my 3rd/4th pair as i always buy 2 at a time and they are the best and i have no need to try others..... i speak to mates that are always geting new work gear and spend much more per year on them compaired to what i pay for 2 pairs at one go..... i buy the floor layer trousers they make as they are designed to be on your knees alot and they have a kevlar coating.... i still have my very first pair of them as i wear them when doing really messy stuff around the house and there still going strong.

And if i were you i would get the snickers knee pads to go with them...... the foam ones last a while but once there nackerd thats it...... get the dearer ones that are filled with little balls and they all move around and the padding is always there..... had them for 2 years now..... and another great thing with the knee pads is they let the air pass through them..... my knees used to sweat like mad with the foam ones.... now they get a nice breeze... lol

I'm sick of wearing out Dickies work trousers, so decided this time I was going to buy Snickers.

My tightness is getting the better of me at the moment though! :slap

So help me please good people! Are Snickers really the best?

Where's the best (read cheapest!) place to buy your preferred work trousers.

Thanks in advance.
i refer you to buy online!!

Strauss Direct for me - I can the correct leg length and waist size. Not cheap but veryy well made so last ages. Thw winter lined work trousers are excellent in this weather.

Riggy hasn’t posted since September 2015, I doubt he’ll reply now.
What!!!!!   He should be shot .     Gets everyone talking about trousers  and disappeared three years ago .  !!!

I'm sure everyone will be interested  ,  I always wear/wore  blue jeans  , two pair if outside in this weather and two tee shirts .     However the quality of blue jeans has diminished  since the '60s  when there were only two makes  Levi  and Lee Cooper  .  Levi 's lasted forever , so thick they stood up on their own , you had to soak them in the bath  before you could wear them , tough , rugged , well made ,  twice the cost of other brands , made in the USA , all pockets & joints riveted .   

Today they're as thin &  shoddy as all the others .    

What!!!!!   He should be shot .     Gets everyone talking about trousers  and disappeared three years ago .  !!!

I'm sure everyone will be interested  ,  I always wear/wore  blue jeans  , two pair if outside in this weather and two tee shirts .    

I was just waiting for the "plus a pair of the wife's tights".  But it did not arrive?

Doc H.

Snickers are the only poeple I have found so far that do womens work trousers with knee pad holders in them. Until I discovered them last year, I was wearing mens trousers and feeling very silly
strauss direct have a complete range of womens gear

******, just noticed Ali's post was 2011  :^O

Latest posts