Armeg - British Manufacturer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armeg UK

Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi TEF, we recently had a visit from Mark Tiff, who is a Plumbing and Heating Engineer by trade but produces social media content too.
We gave him a tour of our manufacturing facility and thought some of you might like to see his finished video :) (y)

Phil.

Love a factory tour,
It's one of the reasons why I loved my job before I was paralysed by the cancer.
You know what they say, enjoy your work and you'll never work a day in your life.
Great that Armeg are willing to invite people in and share this with us and the wider audience even in a small way.

Thanks for the likes of my post.
I am so jealous that the plumber got the visit!
I would love to have gone myself, but we wouldn't have got the video we did because I am not geared up for it, I am not the Social Media personality the plumber is, and getting around in a wheelchair would be challenging.!
Then there would be the questions, I picked up on the grade of steel towards the end of the video, my questions would be like 1 a minute and real trainspotter! I note you have a QT200 dual spindle there, you missed the best bit, if you use it in your programming when the machine swaps the part between chucks at turning speed, synchronising the S & S1 axes that still leaves me in awe having worked as a CNC machine service engineer for a machine manufacturer, a 3rd party repairer, and freelance, I have done a week-long Mazatrol turning programming course, worked as a programmer, and a production engineer covering CNC turning, and I still
Sorry, reminiscing, and loving the mix of new and old, as your video host did.
It's absolutely fabulous to see the range of processes and be invited in virtually to the factory.
I miss my job so much!
I hope that your video goes to illustrate that whilst you are a small to medium-sized manufacturer we still manufacture in the UK.
That QT might have been made in Worcester too?
It's great to see manufacturing in the UK.
Long may it continue and I hope that your video gets shown to/seen by many, to promote Armeg (amazing products, amazing company), UK manufacturing and STEM.

Last edited:
, UK manufacturing and STEM.

The thing is, theres not a whole lot of the manufacturing left, after it all got sold down the river in the 80's and then in 90s the other side decided anyone who can count ought to go straight into uni after finishing school..... and then we wonder why the Germans seem to do much better in the manufacturing industry. Then the current goverment lot let ARM get sold to japanses investment firm, but then again I shouldn't imagine many of them understood the significance of the company who poineered the basic design for the chip that would eventually evolve to be used in 96% of smart phones worldwide while designing a computer for the rather smaller UK education market....

Thanks for the likes of my post.
I am so jealous that the plumber got the visit!
I would love to have gone myself, but we wouldn't have got the video we did because I am not geared up for it, I am not the Social Media personality the plumber is, and getting around in a wheelchair would be challenging.!
Then there would be the questions, I picked up on the grade of steel towards the end of the video, my questions would be like 1 a minute and real trainspotter! I note you have a QT200 dual spindle there, you missed the best bit, if you use it in your programming when the machine swaps the part between chucks at turning speed, synchronising the S & S1 axes that still leaves me in awe having worked as a CNC machine service engineer for a machine manufacturer, a 3rd party repairer, and freelance, I have done a week-long Mazatrol turning programming course, worked as a programmer, and a production engineer covering CNC turning, and I still
Sorry, reminiscing, and loving the mix of new and old, as your video host did.
It's absolutely fabulous to see the range of processes and be invited in virtually to the factory.
I miss my job so much!
I hope that your video goes to illustrate that whilst you are a small to medium-sized manufacturer we still manufacture in the UK.
That QT might have been made in Worcester too?
It's great to see manufacturing in the UK.
Long may it continue and I hope that your video gets shown to/seen by many, to promote Armeg (amazing products, amazing company), UK manufacturing and STEM.
Thank you for that reply. Sorry to hear about your health issues and wish you the best with that.
We would love to show everyone around our facility as we are very proud of it but as you can imagine, that is impractical.
Trainspotter questions are good. If you want to fire any over by PM, I'll do my level best to find the time to answer.
Good spot on the QT200, it's a very impressive machine and was indeed manufactured in Worcester at Mazaks European manufacturing facility.
We have a great mix of old and new machinery. It's nice to see machines still going strong that were here when I first started as a maintenance engineer over 32 years ago! 😱
We are proud to be flying the UK manufacturing flag, proud to be the only company in the UK that still manufacture masonry bits and proud to have just celebrated our 50th anniversary.
Thank you as well for your complimentary comments.

Phil.

Latest posts