Asbestos in storage heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me, or is it just a bit too late , regarding the dangers of Asbestos???

It's everywhere, and I'm sure most if not all tradesman have breached it at some point (even if untintentionally)..

:(

Early Stage of Asbestosis

Asbestosis symptoms generally show up in three stages. In the earliest stage, many people assume that the mild symptoms are due to general illness, being overweight or simply being out of shape. This dangerous misconception can lead to further problems as time passes. Be alert for these early symptoms of asbestosis:

Asbestosis Symptoms

* Shortness of breath after exertion or exercise. This is usually the first symptom and is often overlooked because asbestosis sufferers assume there is a more recent cause or is simply a sign that they are "out of shape."

* Dry cough, especially a prolonged one that isn

Asbestosis Symptoms

* Shortness of breath after exertion or exercise. This is usually the first symptom and is often overlooked because asbestosis sufferers assume there is a more recent cause or is simply a sign that they are "out of shape."

* Dry cough, especially a prolonged one that isn

I remember working in an old hospital and coming across an old tank. The tank was lagged with monkey dung. (brown asbestos)

We had to break away the lagging to get some conduits down the back, and asked for advice from the health board clerk of works. "Nah, it's just monkey dung. It's completely harmless." he said, so we got in about it with a kango.

Recently a block of flats was evacuated in Dundee because workmen broke a water tank - made of brown asbestos..... everything had to be destoyed, including bank cards, kids toys etc....

Ooooh errrr missus! What happened to the harmless malarkey?