assessment health and safety policy

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should send you a sample from what I have heard from the other guys on here?

Else I'm sure there is one in t ehdownloads.

I also guess you are sole trader / 1 person Ltd. Co.?

Thus HSE requirements are also minimal, so theirs should also be.

There is a sample H&S policy on the HSE website for SME's

Andy,

There is no requirement from HSE for written RA's unless you employ more than 5 people either.

I don't know what the ELECSA requirements are they may be more onerous than the statutory as the NIC ones are, which do require a written H&S policy regardless of how many you employ!

I have been told to just fill out the example that they send you, and have just copied the risk assessments and put company name at top and filled out a few for jobs i have done. Then make up a complaints policy about your procedure for what action you will take along with a register of complaints which will be empty, hopefully! My assessment is tomorrow morning, will let you know how i get on.

They ask me for a H&S policy each year . If you PM your email address to me, I can send a copy of the one I present to ELECSA , you'll have to reprint it and substitute your name .

Complaints book is just a record of complaints and how they were dealt with , I never fill anything in mine , its all ballcocks but we have to smile and put up with it.

Well i passed! He was really happy with all my paperwork, which i had put into a folder. Think he appreciated that i was organised, which made his job easier. Wasnt half as bad as i thought it would be, and he was a real sound guy. You will be fine as long as you can show you know what your talking about, He's not there to catch you out.

Well i passed! He was really happy with all my paperwork, which i had put into a folder. Think he appreciated that i was organised, which made his job easier. Wasnt half as bad as i thought it would be, and he was a real sound guy. You will be fine as long as you can show you know what your talking about, He's not there to catch you out.
ah thats good to hear

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:53 ----------

what jobs did you show him?

Consumer unit change and central heating rewire. I did them both in my house as it was my first one and haven't really done any other jobs cos most of my work is contracting at the moment. Gonna get my van stickered up and push my own work.

Consumer unit change and central heating rewire. I did them both in my house as it was my first one and haven't really done any other jobs cos most of my work is contracting at the moment. Gonna get my van stickered up and push my own work.
im gonna do a similar thing CU change and garage wired up. cant do alot without scam scheme difficult to explain that your fully qualified and time served but erm.. not registered yet. but still need to make a living in time before the assessment