Battery Build

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm embarking on a battery build that will be similar in concept to a power wall / AC coupled battery. It has a 5kw Victron inverter / charger, 16 x EVE 280ah LifeP04 cells, Seplos BMS. I have designed a cradle for the cells to group them in 4's, the heavy current cabling being 25mm2 going into Anderson Connectors (175A). I intend to put a fuse in the circuit - 150 amp, my max running current will be 100amp.
My question is with regards to isolating the DC, I can pull an Anderson connector apart on any battery or I can fit a DC isolator which is adding another connection in the circuit. In terms of DC isolators I've seen Automotive / boat ones rated at 200A and above or proper solar ones but only rated to 80A.

This is going outside, on a wall, with heater and cooling fans etc.

Any thoughts?

I'm embarking on a battery build that will be similar in concept to a power wall / AC coupled battery. It has a 5kw Victron inverter / charger, 16 x EVE 280ah LifeP04 cells, Seplos BMS. I have designed a cradle for the cells to group them in 4's, the heavy current cabling being 25mm2 going into Anderson Connectors (175A). I intend to put a fuse in the circuit - 150 amp, my max running current will be 100amp.
My question is with regards to isolating the DC, I can pull an Anderson connector apart on any battery or I can fit a DC isolator which is adding another connection in the circuit. In terms of DC isolators I've seen Automotive / boat ones rated at 200A and above or proper solar ones but only rated to 80A.

This is going outside, on a wall, with heater and cooling fans etc.

Any thoughts?
don't buy crap off Amazon is my first thought - made that mistake once already.

Soils always supply Keto, but shop around for pices as Altenergy were never the cheapest. You can get fuses to suite, and it's good practice to fuse +ve and -ve leads. NB you can get 2 fuse versions or just leave one fuse out.

https://www.alternergy.co.uk/pv-brand/jean-muller-keto-00-fuse-switch-disconnector

Latest posts