Battery charging but lights not working - help!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubule

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a small solar panel charging a leisure battery which in turn runs a couple of led light strips. It’s been working well but now the lights only work while it’s light outside - the battery is charging but seem no longer to be running the lights - any ideas??? Thanks.

Check battery voltage in daytime, at dusk, and after dark.
How do you know the battery was charging? How is it interconnected? e.g. some kind of controller? Its likely that either the controller or battery is deceased.

Thanks - It’s about 6 years old. Battery is full - tested it. I assumed it was charging because the charging light on the controller was flashing. No idea about voltages, will have a look at that tomorrow : it’s too dark to see anything now!!!

Hi,
I have a small solar panel charging a leisure battery which in turn runs a couple of led light strips. It’s been working well but now the lights only work while it’s light outside - the battery is charging but seem no longer to be running the lights - any ideas??? Thanks.

Thanks - It’s about 6 years old. Battery is full - tested it. I assumed it was charging because the charging light on the controller was flashing. No idea about voltages, will have a look at that tomorrow : it’s too dark to see anything now!!!

Welcome to the forum. By leisure battery do you mean as in caravan / motor home leisure battery? Unclear how you know the battery is full if you have no idea about voltages? But if it is a typical camping leisure battery, and it 6 years old, I would be looking at battery problems as a first port of call.

Doc H.

Latest posts