BDC in administration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All my local branches are still trading. I was in one yesterday and had to sign an agreement to carry on using our account.
Yes they are trading 'in administration'

i have used fosters for the last 8 years and they have got well bad they are still supplying us white good but got no stock on anythink ...and spoke 2 the rep at fitzgerald lighting 2 day he said they were in talks with some 1 ( thorn ) will be sold this week or be gone by next year !!

I suspect they will close down rather than be bought out. The majority of staff have been made redundant. There are 3 people left in Micromark, all the buyers & stock controllers have gone. Several branches have been closed & those still trading are merely liquidating existing stocks.

Surprised it hasn't made it into the media as it was a

I thought they wuz quite good actually.Applaud Smiley

Most of the staff & sites have gone. Only a few left to tidy up loose ends & clear stocks. Any chance of refinancing went last Friday when somebody pulled the plug on them. Lot of money there as head office is worth c.

My local branch in Crawley Sussex is still open and i still get emails from them nearly every day.

More staff went on Friday. All that's left at White Hart Lane are IT & HR. Those sites that are still open (the ones they can't get out of the leases) are clearing out deleted & discontinued stock at 50% off. Exeter is gone & the stock's moved to Cardiff & other sites on the south coast have also gone. Don't order if it's not in stock as other manufacturers won't be supplying them.

Its not ture that all the staff have left Still have got a Director and the warehouse staff

Its not ture that all the staff have left Still have got a Director and the warehouse staff
Are you that Director, Ex(e)cutive? ]:) :^O

Which Director? All the main board have gone. Must be an executve director.

Accounts dept. are still there to collect outstanding debts. Green Lanes & Park Royal will probably stay open as they owned the leasehold of them + White Hart Lane.

Accounts dept. are still there to collect outstanding debts. Green Lanes & Park Royal will probably stay open as they owned the leasehold of them + White Hart Lane.
More branches closed today, but still 50% trading as far as i'm told. Surely leasehold belongs to administrator now, they would want to sell if your sums are right. Did they go down cos you left, ex-bdc.

10 trade centres closed yesterday. My leaving made no difference but I did forecast this over 2 years ago. Sadly people were quite content to sit in their ivory towers & fiddle whilst Rome burnt. (Excuse the mixed metaphor!)

The only people I feel sorry for are the good, loyal people (usually low paid) across the country who will find it diificult to find jobs.

I heard George Bush wanted to buy them as he always wanted a Cowboy outfit.

I reckon by the end of the week all regionals will be gone leaving London with the original owner buying back and probably all his family...er I mean Senior Members of staff back in position ready to do the same again.

Obviously the consultants on

To do that would mean getting all the stock back to WHL. Would it all fit in & would anybody find it? No difference there then!

Don't think the family can afford to buy WHL as it's last valuation was

Status
Not open for further replies.