Becoming a limited Company

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just making my point about airing dirty laundry in public. For a few quid I could have a copy of your accounts (if you had any yet ;) ) :|
Its only just been set up however I am dreading my first payments to the vat man, I shudder at the thought.

I am doing very well but I have been in business for a long time, a client base has gradually built up and requests from ex clients who own larger companies has prompted this new venture.

My first contract with the new company starts early june and is worth

Its only just been set up however I am dreading my first payments to the vat man, I shudder at the thought.I am doing very well but I have been in business for a long time, a client base has gradually built up and requests from ex clients who own larger companies has prompted this new venture.

My first contract with the new company starts early june and is worth

my main bug with all of this is my company logo, it was so good, and now I can not use it.
Why can the existing logo not be used?

This is a factor that does give me concern as I may be heading down the Ltd route soon. I view the logo as being a known and unique identifier for the activities that I am involved in.

Thanks,

Pyro.

I can not see a problem of you using an existing logo with 2 different companies that you own. If it was, for example, apple's logo then that would be a different story, but since you already own the copyright on it then what is the issue?

Ian.

I can not see a problem of you using an existing logo with 2 different companies that you own. If it was, for example, apple's logo then that would be a different story, but since you already own the copyright on it then what is the issue?Ian.
Unless the logo has the existing name in it!

Unless the logo has the existing name in it!
if ABC Electrical (sole trader) is the existing one then as long as your new name is ABC Electrical Ltd. then you can refer to the company as ABC Electrical (not nessessary in a legal capacity though). BT's logo doesnt say British Telecomunications PLC (or whatever) on it.

Ian.

if ABC Electrical (sole trader) is the existing one then as long as your new name is ABC Electrical Ltd. then you can refer to the company as ABC Electrical (not nessessary in a legal capacity though). BT's logo doesnt say British Telecomunications PLC (or whatever) on it.Ian.
Yes! But ;)

His existing name has been taken as a limited company!

ABC Electrical can't become limited as BCA Electrical Ltd and still trade as ABC Electrical?!

It was GH that said that not the OP and he said he set up another company but didn't say if the name changed or not. I guessed (probably incorrectly) that since he wanted to use the old logo, it was either the same name or not name specific but rereading it it probably is a different name (Excel??).

Just "borrow" Microsoft's Excel program logo ;)

It was GH that said that not the OP and he said he set up another company but didn't say if the name changed or not. I guessed (probably incorrectly) that since he wanted to use the old logo, it was either the same name or not name specific but rereading it it probably is a different name (Excel??). Just "borrow" Microsoft's Excel program logo ;)
Oh I can just imagine the law suit.

I have had another company that I dissolved without any accounts simply because the name was a bit naff.

My sole trader name has already been taken by another company, funnily enough shortly after I registered the domain name for the website.

My logo at the moment can not be used because it contains another name as part of the artwork.

I have tried to keep the new companies logo simple, because it is changeable in the future, first run of business cards and the new website when built will easily be updated at a later date when more thought has gone into a corporate id.