Boiler Supplys

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r.b

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on boiler supplys fair enough if a new boiler is put in place of an old boiler use the existing wires that were there.But what if the boiler has moved position I think it should be re-wired on a seperate circuit with a install cert.Other sparks spur off the house ring main i.e under the floor with a joint box feeding the boiler spur to save time.Yes its  feeding the boiler spur with 2.5 fused down in there with a 3 amp fuse i dont like this whats everyones thoughts on doing it like this?

valiant.jpg

For instance, NEW boiler supply taken from old immersion point radial:

P1120087.jpg

Running boilers on dedicated circuits is IMO customer considerate in that it doesn't leave them without hot water and heating in the event of a faulty socket circuit. So on a new build I might do this, but as for existing would usually take a feed from most suitable point. Can't imagine the customer would be too happy for me to intrude on their decoration for something this simple. But then what do I know!

on re-wires i have the boiler on its own circuit.... most of the time it is old swap in with a new boiler.

why make life harder and use the existing supply or spur off the ring circuit

re-wire or new build then yes, seperate circuit

existing, nearest point I can get a spur from, unless the customer wants to pay a lot of stupid money,

Im not here to rip people of and make work, Im here to do a good job at an agreeable price to us both.

In the perfect world every socket and every group of lights  (each room) would have its own circuit, anyone here ever done that ?
I have done that very thing. Rewire in my parents house in France.

Each room had its own radial for sockets and lights. Double pole MCBs. Blinking huge board, 3 rows of breakers.

I have done that very thing. Rewire in my parents house in France.

Each room had its own radial for sockets and lights. Double pole MCBs. Blinking huge board, 3 rows of breakers.
isnt that more to do with their appliances than redundancy though?