Boiler Supplys

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isnt that more to do with their appliances than redundancy though?
Each major appliance had its own supply too. Swimming pool gubbins, Washer, Electric water heater....

You are only meant to have 8 sockets max on each 2.5mm radial. We were advised by local expat spark that this is the standard way of doing it.

Wasnt that bad, all flexi conduit + singles. Nice and easy to test.

DP MCBs or RCBOs?
DP MCB. Each row of MCB`s had its own RCD. Used 2 different types of RCD. A+AC.

Each major appliance had its own supply too. Swimming pool gubbins, Washer, Electric water heater....

You are only meant to have 8 sockets max on each 2.5mm radial. We were advised by local expat spark that this is the standard way of doing it.

Wasnt that bad, all flexi conduit + singles. Nice and easy to test.

DP MCB. Each row of MCB`s had its own RCD. Used 2 different types of RCD. A+AC.
isnt that because alot or all of their appliances are not fused at the plug so fuse at the start of the circuit?  guessing here know jack about french electrics. 

its how most of Europe works,

most of the developed world actually,

its just that the UK is still in the dark ages.
Maybe that was how we showed them how to do it Steps. I have rewired old installations that had  each socket 5 and 15 amp on there own circuit. Only downfall was they were either wired  in rubber or lead cables.

our big problem seems to have came from when we went to rings due to a shortage of copper,

and not for any safety reason as some people think,

then, when copper was available again we were stuck in a rut that the mindset has never moved out of, ONLY MHO though.

I have wired up iLight units. Each switched lighting area on its own MCB in the iLight dimming unit.

House today had 3 areas programmed for the kitchen, so 3 MCBs. It had 3.5 iLight units running 40ish individual lighting circuits in a 5 bed house. + there were areas wired conventionally .

So if theres a socket in the new boiler position happy days to spur off a socket  but highly unlikely there will be a socket close by.If not just spur off the ring main inbetween two sockets the leg and put a joint box under the floor to the boiler spur in 2.5 with a 3 amp correct?

So if theres a socket in the new boiler position happy days to spur off a socket  but highly unlikely there will be a socket close by.If not just spur off the ring main inbetween two sockets the leg and put a joint box under the floor to the boiler spur in 2.5 with a 3 amp correct?
yep, perfectly acceptable,

remember though that if the JB is not accessible it has to be MF .  :)

If a boiler flex is protected by the 3amp fuse in the fused spur, and is taken from any supply sufficient to handle 3amp, then why not take it from the lighting circuit? Why does the supply have to be 32amp? or any other amperage other than what is required?

If a boiler flex is protected by the 3amp fuse in the fused spur, and is taken from any supply sufficient to handle 3amp, then why not take it from the lighting circuit? Why does the supply have to be 32amp? or any other amperage other than what is required?
Only that in this stupid day of 20 halogen downlighters in a kitchen, a lighting circuit is likely to be close to it's max rating and less likely to have enough headroom to support additional loads.

Of course it there's just a nice 5ft floury in the kitchen, go ahead.

There is no issue taking a boiler from a 6A radial circuit, as long as you can allow for the additional loading. 

Only that in this stupid day of 20 halogen downlighters in a kitchen, a lighting circuit is likely to be close to it's max rating and less likely to have enough headroom to support additional loads.

Of course it there's just a nice 5ft floury in the kitchen, go ahead.

Its nearer 1A a boiler and pump is drawing

steptoe earlier mentioned if the joint box is not accesible it has to be mf, whats mf?Plus on these boilers in the bathroom as for an rcd to it the way I mentioned before joint box off the ring main to a rcd spur at the boiler position in to the boiler spur flex out to boiler is this ok?.Its just different houses have different boards if the ring is on rcd no need for rcd spur or split load swap the normal on to rcd ,is the way I said ok?

Ie, wago in wagobox is easiest I thinks :)
They are admittedly "quick":

P1120086.jpg

What was there before:

P1090090.jpg

So am I allowed to put a joint box off the ring to an rcd spur then to the boiler sw fused spur?So just the boiler is rcd and not the rest off the house ring sockets?

Can I just say,.....an elegant solution to the perennial issue of never having enough slack as well: just leave all the flexes loose so you can give a quick tug if required. Also a good idea to not fix the box to anything as well, far easier to work on, and leaving spare terminals on the choc block.....nice work. 9/10

.....just being sarcastic