brain dead...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
job today, 2nd fix extension, got there and joiners working, non-english! i had a brief chat with owner in extension bedroom about d/l's, joiner hanging door, goes back to van to pick up box of 12 d/l's, chats to plasterer in garage, joiner leaves, goes upstairs with box of lights, use elbow to open bedroom door, step in ...

straight through kitchen ceiling, fortunately a tall unit broke my fall.

turns out the joiner hung the door but because there was a dead 20mm overflow pipe stopping the floor laying totally flat the door he'd hung wouldnt close.

sooooo yes you guessed it, he lifted a 2'x3' piece of the floor just inside so his door closed nicely and he left!

:(

job today, 2nd fix extension, got there and joiners working, non-english! i had a brief chat with owner in extension bedroom about d/l's, joiner hanging door, goes back to van to pick up box of 12 d/l's, chats to plasterer in garage, joiner leaves, goes upstairs with box of lights, use elbow to open bedroom door, step in ...straight through kitchen ceiling, fortunately a tall unit broke my fall.

turns out the joiner hung the door but because there was a dead 20mm overflow pipe stopping the floor laying totally flat the door he'd hung wouldnt close.

sooooo yes you guessed it, he lifted a 2'x3' piece of the floor just inside so his door closed nicely and he left!

Working with a polish guy on job yesterday. He doesn't speak very good english. Working away next thing the burglar alarm goes off. He has taken the cover off sensor to move it. So I had to ring builder up to get code for alarm to sort it out. Builder said he did not even have to move sensor. I suppose there must have been crossed wires or something.

Batty

working with a polish spark last week, he's putting plastic trunking up on the ceiling for some singles, there was an existing bit of steel trunking in the way so he just stops the plastic trunking either side of it and left!!!

job today, 2nd fix extension, got there and joiners working, non-english! i had a brief chat with owner in extension bedroom about d/l's, joiner hanging door, goes back to van to pick up box of 12 d/l's, chats to plasterer in garage, joiner leaves, goes upstairs with box of lights, use elbow to open bedroom door, step in ...straight through kitchen ceiling, fortunately a tall unit broke my fall.

Sounds like a good reason for a claim of someones insurance.

Ffs, I hope that you are alright Betty?

I'da kicked his ****in foreign ass if that happened to me. :(

major sraping along shin, deep bruising on other shin and two huge scuffs up calf....

knees still sore now

house owner came home from work to make sure i was ok and didnt care about ceiling

said forget it, he hasnt paid joiner and has no intension of doing so unless he pays for the damage, as he tactfully said, he has two kids in the house and they might have fallen straight through, i think he was implying i was erm ahem portly!... well thats my excuse not to miss my 10am cooked brekkie lol

i still keep thinking wtf... everyone has been amazed at how stupid some people are

maybe a lesson for us all to never assume the person working before us has a brain!

havnt heard from or seen joiner since but im sure our paths will cross somedayX(

major sraping along shin, deep bruising on other shin and two huge scuffs up calf....knees still sore now

house owner came home from work to make sure i was ok and didnt care about ceiling

said forget it, he hasnt paid joiner and has no intension of doing so unless he pays for the damage, as he tactfully said, he has two kids in the house and they might have fallen straight through, i think he was implying i was erm ahem portly!... well thats my excuse not to miss my 10am cooked brekkie lol

i still keep thinking wtf... everyone has been amazed at how stupid some people are

maybe a lesson for us all to never assume the person working before us has a brain!

havnt heard from or seen joiner since but im sure our paths will cross somedayX(
cant work out the issue here, apart from having something against non english workers.!?

entering a building site and not looking where you are going is hardly the joiners fault.!

try having a go at the plumber for leaving a dead stabbing sticking out.!

cant work out the issue here, apart from having something against non english workers.!?entering a building site and not looking where you are going is hardly the joiners fault.!

English or not you dont leave a bloody great hole the other side of a closed without covering it or locking the door and putting a warning notice on it at least!!

any building site ive ever been on would go nuts if i left a hole in a floor in the middle of a large open room, let alone behind a closed door!!!!!

English or not you dont leave a bloody great hole the other side of a closed without covering it or locking the door and putting a warning notice on it at least!!any building site ive ever been on would go nuts if i left a hole in a floor in the middle of a large open room, let alone behind a closed door!!!!!
would agree more with that TBH.

it was a stupid thing to leave, but then again, should look where you're going too.

too many people to blame here, a culmination of mistakes.

cant work out the issue here, apart from having something against non english workers.!?entering a building site and not looking where you are going is hardly the joiners fault.!

If the incident had been worse and reported to HSE if off for more than 3 days they would have a good reason for prosecution as with the floor being left up barriers and signage should have be put around the hole.

So joiner is at fault for leaving the job in a dangerous condition.

If the incident had been worse and reported to HSE if off for more than 3 days they would have a good reason for prosecution as with the floor being left up barriers and signage should have be put around the hole. So joiner is at fault for leaving the job in a dangerous condition.
plumber for leaving it so as the joiner cant leave it safe?

electrician for entering a restricted area? (did he have a written permit to be there?)

like I said, too many blames here, thats the problem nowadays, and H&S make it more so, we like to live in a blame culture where we blame everyone but ourselves for accidents/mistakes.

electrician for entering a restricted area? (did he have a written permit to be there?)

SHE, Steptoe!

def the joiner at fault here,during the day whilst hes still working id agree but going home leaving the place like that is just bloody wrong.worked on site for years and you would have been strung up for something like this.imo