BTEC Adv Dip in Electrical Installation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazza

Reaction score
Does anyone here know anything about this qualification?

BTEC Adv Diploma in Electrical Installation lvl 3

When I came Here from NZ, and I was researching what was needed to become an approved electrician. I noticed that a "technical certificate" was required. For most people this is the C&G 2330. What I was wondering was does this course also satisfy the "technical certificate" requirement.

I know city and guild is the more recognised qualification, I am just wondering if it would be an approved equivalent.

Sounds more like an academic qualification than a practical one. Not sure to be honest. I'm sure someone on here will have the answer. I lived in NZ for 5 years and had to do a practical assessement and a regs course before they gave me a practising licence.

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah you are right it is all academic, it has 4 units

1 unit is Health and Safety. Almost nothing to do with electrical health and safety, majority of it is to do with health and safety policy and legislation that is relevant to the construction industry.

I think its focused towards the construction industry.

then it has 2 electrical installation units dealing with 17th edition and different techniques and then 1 electrical principals unit with formulas and calculations.

I was hoping that it would be the theory side/ academic too becoming an approved electrician.

Cool, is that you surfing in New Zealand. What part of New Zealand did you live in?

The pic is Pauanui up on the Coromandel, I lived in on the North shore in Auckland for 2 years and spent 3 years in the waikato - a small place called Morrinsville, I worked at the Gallagher factory in Hamilton and Indeserve in Auckland.

Where were you?

Yeah man I know them places, use to go to pauanui on holidays with friends, cool as place. I was brought up in papatoetoe in south auckland but had spent the last 9 years in Christchurch down on the other island.

Morrinsville is a cool lil place, I remember staying in a motor camp near there, and trying to walk across this railing that was in the water, "yeah i bet your thinking STUPID already" wel yes... the unthinkable happened and i landed on my nuts.............. lol!!! ahhh the memories of morrinsville.... :)

Ha - I know the motor camp you speak of, near the town pools yes? I visited there back in 08. I know papatoe too. I worked in manukau for a while too on Gt Sth road at the Sothern Cross Hospital.

hahah no way!!! thats funny aye. well mate hopefully i can get going in the electrical game over here. take it easy alryte mate.