Burglar Alarm Sound

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcdelec

Reaction score
In my terraced house, when there is electricity power failure, there is NO noise from alarm. But when electricity power comes back, then alarm starts beeping.  I don't want to use burglar alarm at all, so I don't want to replace battery for inside panel. 

I am concerned that if I am away from home and power failure happens and then power comes back, alarm will start making sound. For how long this sound will last? Will this sound become more louder after certain time, if code is not entered?

How do I know if my alarm has cut-off device fitted, to stop noise after certain time?

When I simply turn off MCB for burglar alarm, there is no noise from alarm.  Is it ok if I just keep MCB off for burglar alarm?

When power goes away, there is no sound from outside box, does it mean there is no battery in it?

no need for 2 threads on the same thing

as i said in your other thread, you need to disconnect all the batteries. if its a really old alarm, then it may not have a battery in the bellbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Your alarm has a battery installed and this will power the alarm for a certain amount of time when there is a power failure. When the power comes back on the alarm will beep internally to indicate an incident, all this does is alert you that something happened whilst you were out and needs you to see that incident. It could be an activation or more common power failure.

The outside box has its own battery to stop the sounder during any power failure, if the sounder does go off the normal maximum time it should sound is 15 minutes, after this time it should go off and remain silent.

Your alarm has a battery installed and this will power the alarm for a certain amount of time when there is a power failure. When the power comes back on the alarm will beep internally to indicate an incident, all this does is alert you that something happened whilst you were out and needs you to see that incident.
That's sort of somewhere near what would happen but it is wrong. The alarm would signal a power failure when the power went off, not when it came back on.

The OPs alarm is faulty, the alarm is completely dead and doesn't do anything when the power is removed and then when re-powered it is doing something, possibly an internal notification or possibly a full activation. Either way it is knackered.

no need for 2 threads on the same thing

as i said in your other thread, you need to disconnect all the batteries. if its a really old alarm, then it may not have a battery in the bellbox
If the inside panel battery is dead, does it still need to be disconnected? 

I think there is no battery in bellbox or battery is already dead, as there is no sound whenb power goes away.  Sound only starts when power comes back.