Busy or not ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok get me some b&b and I will start tuesday
ya see no real intention of wanting to work whats wrong with starting monday

Wet Fish;)

Atty ,I hate to ask this but what is a FMCG company and high site efficiencies ?
Sorry

I work for a Fast Moving Consumer Goods company that manufatures things like spreads, deoderants, washing powders, cleaning products etc.

The site I work at makes Tea Bags and the high efficiencies I mentioned are the operational efficiency of the production machines and the overall output of tea.

On the subject of tea.

I used to work for the company that designed and built the machines that make the PG pyramid tea bags. :coat

On the subject of tea.I used to work for the company that designed and built the machines that make the PG pyramid tea bags. :coat
I know the machines very well. They almost run as well as their cigarette machines.

Glad to see it ain't just me who is starting to see the slow down. The company I work for hasn't got much on and my own company (eves and weekends) has gone from being flat out for a year with no time to do anything but work - to having nothing in the pipeline and the phone not ringing anymore. My ads don't even seem to be working anymore. Scary times!

Glad to see it ain't just me who is starting to see the slow down. The company I work for hasn't got much on and my own company (eves and weekends) has gone from being flat out for a year with no time to do anything but work - to having nothing in the pipeline and the phone not ringing anymore. My ads don't even seem to be working anymore. Scary times!
thats a funny company name :^O :^O :^O :coat

I havn't had an enquiry for two weeks !! Last week I did 8 Crabtree MCB Recalls .

This week we have started a PIR at a Law firm , Three 4 story offices and thier own digital printing dept.

Then ....zilch !!!

just driving around your local industrial estate is like being in a ghost town.

we don't make anything here anymore so no factorys = nothing to fix/install for us and the factory workers not spending on homes/other services.

the regular jobs like warehousing are taken by alot of eu workers too headbang

this open shores to eu and imports are several nails

p rant over

just driving around your local industrial estate is like being in a ghost town.we don't make anything here anymore so no factorys = nothing to fix/install for us and the factory workers not spending on homes/other services.

the imports need to stop
That starts with YOU. It starts with ALL OF US.

I worked in British manufacturing for 24 years and it pains me to see it all going to India and China. But it's your fault - you've been buying those cheap imports for too long and the damage is done now.

Actually, I belive the damage can be reversed. I, for one, buy as much as possible British manufactured materials. I even put this on my quotes! I reckon I buy about 80% "Made In Britain".

YOU can do the same and help reverse the trend.

I might even start a thread on the subject tomorrow when this Ruddles County has cleared from my brain.

NB "You" refers to all of you reading, not aimed at Lostit particularly.

noticed its a little quieter than normal, but still enough. also do driving work for a few others - getting a lot from them the last few weeks. got over 800 mile to do tomorrow

too true pc.

however i'm forced to buy foreign i think! ?

as in a weekly shop at the local supermarket is just shopping!

if they import use cheap labour and keep my bill down is not the reason i keep going back! :C

I do agree we need to buy british but its not as straight forward as that if the costs for British made good are higher than imported items , its just another way to get out priced during quotes.

Unless everyone in the country gets behind the "BUY BRITISH" campaign.

I have had a couple of good jobs in over the past few weeks, flloodlighting a garden, kitchen cupboard led lights, cu change, pir..........and some landscape gardening.

Quiet times............................very quiet.

Even the agencies are slow.

And yet looking through the local rag its full of adds stating qualify in 8 weeks and earn 40k a year. What a load of s*it.

I hope things pick up for all of us soon chaps and ladies as its driving me mad. All the money i have spent on my van, tools, insurance, advertising, uniform, stock, testers, ladders, steps, qualifications is not adding up to the current monthy turnover.

It went the same last year to i recall.

Other options currently being considered.........suggestions welcome.

Rant over and good night xx