Buy new set or replace?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KWCFC

Reaction score
Alright guys. Since I have bought my current screwdriver set I have managed to lose (nicked) 2 screwdrivers and snap one (all my fault). The set is this: http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=111506. So 3 left!

The ones I have managed to 'lose' and break are the ones I use the most. So what do you reckon? Do I replace the ones I havent got or buy a new set? Is it worth having 2 sets of screwdrivers? I'm currently using the screwdrivers the company gave me when I joined but they are very poor.

Good quality tools are not only a pleasure to work with, they often make life easier and sometimes safer too.

Your current atrrition rate is quite high, you need to weigh up whether these new tools are likely to just go missing. If not buy good quality. If they are, id just plump for the set youve highlighted IMHO

KW, I would personally just replace the s/drivers that you have lost/broken on an individual basis. I have been reliably informed that sets of tools are not nearly as strong as single pieces of the same size/brand.

I would personally go with Irazola VDE screwdrivers as well, brilliant tools.

AndyGuinness

replace the ones you use, otherwise in 5 years time you'll have a big box of screwdrivers you never use and none that you do!

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

I don't think with Wera the quality is bad with the sets, I have found them excellent quality drivers

You should be able to replace the missing tools, so as to make the set complete.

Replace the ones you have lost/ damaged. It might be a good opportunity to try another brand too. I have Wiha and Irazola that have had a fair bit of use but are still good to use. I've not opened tins of paint with them yet.. :eek: