C & G 2330 level 3 to 2356 NVQ level 3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymike

Reaction score
Hey all I am currently doing a C & G 2330 level 2 course but I hoping to do the level 3 in september. Now my question is because the 2356 & 2330 is getting replaced by the 2357 and times are tough for apprenticeships :(

But if I do the C & G level 3 & later on I get a job would I have to start the whole thing again & do 2357 or is it still possible to do the NVQ level 3 if I already have the 2330 level 2 & 3?

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you, I forgot to ask at college, thanks for reminding me! :D

I'm not sure its going to change over until next year or later but cant be too sure about that, sorry :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all a bit up in the air right now but if your college registers you for 2330 L3 and the 2356 NVQ before the end of July you have until 2013 to complete the NVQ - however, it is not clear if the college will receive funding from the LSC (the people who fund further education colleges) for 2330/2356 so you may find that the course fees go through the roof, 2357 will be funded.

The 2330 L2 & L3 are considered "underpinning knowledge" for the 2356 NVQ, the 2357 will tie the exams & NVQ closer together but the content appears to be broadly the same.

There is some further information herehttp://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/2357_FAQ_v1.1_Feb10.pdf

I think anyone looking to start the 2330 at the present moment needs to be very carefull.
Why do they insist on making things difficult to becoming an electrician!. Seams the only way soon is to learn straight out of school. Thought there was a demand for qualified electricians. So why only limit to 16 year old's.

Thought there was a demand for qualified electricians.
So did all the unemployed or now employed in a non-electrician role 'qualified electricians' that are not exactly uncommon these days.

Obviously there was a rumour once that there was a shortage of new blood to the trade, now we seem to have an excess of clueless people with bits of paper.

That is very true i agree with you just don't under stand why its so hard to get in to the trade if you genuinely interested in the subject.

So did all the unemployed or now employed in a non-electrician role 'qualified electricians' that are not exactly uncommon these days.Obviously there was a rumour once that there was a shortage of new blood to the trade, now we seem to have an excess of clueless people with bits of paper.
ROFLMAO, ROTFWL

I am one of these people you speak of :D

All the people on my 2330 have been made redundant & are spending their redundancy money on the hope on getting work as an electrician :( me included, still its better than spending it on beer & drugs then goin to join the ever greater que at the job centre... "so what have you done to look for work this week" ...

Edit: Only started a while ago & have booked my place on lv3 (5th June)No mention of change to 2356! still forgot to ask :coffee

I think it's a joke! replacing the 2330 with the 2357 which you need a job in the electrical industry & with shortage of electrical apprenticeships, makes no sense at all bringing it out at this time.

Why do things have to get more complicated, not my fault I can't get an apprenticeship :(

P.S If I choose to do the level 3 2330 would you all recommend me doing it???

I think it's a joke! replacing the 2330 with the 2357 which you need a job in the electrical industry & with shortage of electrical apprenticeships, makes no sense at all bringing it out at this time.
Makes lots of sense, like I've said, there's plenty of sparks qualified on paper but have no idea WTF they're doing. About time the issue was addressed.

Its all the same.

2330 replaced the 236 parts 1 and 2 if i remember correctly?

The people who completed those quals didn't have to re-enrol for the 2330 so why now?

Just thrown this reply together as on my way out from the gym at moment

Makes lots of sense, like I've said, there's plenty of sparks qualified on paper but have no idea WTF they're doing. About time the issue was addressed.
In this current climate it has been virtually impossible to get a trainee/labourer'sposition. There are firms who who do not even want you to taken you on unpaid on a adhoc basis.

City & Guilds have gone about this the totally the wrong way.

My Question is what will now happen to people like myself are mature students who are on the 2330 level 2, which is due to complete in Feb 2011.

The the level 3 2330 will no longer be funded, and teh goal posts wil have changed.

Latest posts