c&g 2391 course entrance test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kajro0

Reaction score
Hi!

Sombody know what to expect in entrance test which is entry requirement for 2391 course?

Hopefully it's the course providers tightening up the entry requirements to ensure that they meet the C&G requirements and that there is a certain level of competence prior to being allowed on the course.

Entrance test 2391

I have just sat entrance test for 2391 it was 20 questions and needed 12 right, also did c.p.c test, loop test, and rcd test on a test rig with questions why i was doing what i was doing. Questions like statutory regs, supplementary bonding requirements i.e 1667 ohms etc, applying 80% rule when testing Zs, exact names of test instruments and what test certs are for what etc all came up. The questions were worded to catch you out.

the questions will NOT be worded to catch you out, well not if they are like the Qs in the 2391 anyhow, they are worded to see if you know what you are doing.

I agree Steptoe

On my course people were complaining that the questions where trying to catch you out, in my mind the question are designed to as you said make sure you know what you are doing AND IMO get you into the habit of thinking very carefully about what you do

most important thing is to read the question FULLY then read it again

The test was to get onto City & Guilds 2391 which i start in Sept. So got my head burried into Gn3 at mo!, and i agree the questions are not there to catch you out, i got some wrong by the way they were worded and just by not reading properly and rushing felt a plonker when they went through answers. The tutor said this test has been brought in due to high percentage of course failures.

Hello!

I am asked to sit entry exam for Inspection and Testing course (Newcastle). Somobody know a questions?

Hello!I am asked to sit entry exam for Inspection and Testing course (Newcastle). Somobody know a questions?
I have merged this onto your previous thread of the same content.

Doc H

Latest posts