C & G 2391 exam To be Replaced with C & G 2394, C & G 2395 & C & G 2396,

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJLSparks

Reaction score
Hi,

Have been advised Not to enter 2391 as the 2395 is about to take over?

Anyone know any details on this? Will they dumb it down etc...

I was one of the last few to gain 2360 and was wondering if this will be a similar scenario!?

Apparently you will not be able to enter 2391 in 2012, only the 2395....

Cheers

The 2391-10 & -20 are being finished off unless you are already enrolled.

They have to be changed as they are based on an old version of the regs now.

The 2392 is also finishing.

There will be a 12 month tail off period for re-sits and those who have done part of the suite and wish to finish.

The new exams will be 2394, 2395 & 2396.

2392>2394 (Level 3) Initial Verification of Electrical Installations

2391-10>2395 (Level 3) Periodic Inspection, Testing and Reporting of Electrical Installations

2391-120>2396 (Level 4) Design of Electrical Installations

There is the chance that you will HAVE to do all 3 starting with 2394 then 2395 if you want to do 2396 for example.

That is they will be a more structured route.

The names above are WIP by C&G.

There has just been a change announced by C&G with respect to some electrical courses, Nov 11, but I have not gone through it, and I'm not sure if it affects the previous provided info.

HTH.

My understanding is that the old qualifications are due to be extended for six months because the C&G have only just released the handbooks for the new schemes (C&G website still says last registration is 31/12/11 but I'm told the extension has been granted). When I read through the 2395 handbook it gave no details on the practical assessments. I've been told they should be available to centres on Friday (25th), which doesn't give much time for building assessment rigs etc. It looks likely that a lot of centres will still offer the "old" qualifications next term while they develop delivery materials & assessment rigs for the new qualifications.

Does that make your 2391 qualification redundant? Will employers stop asking for it and request the updated ones?

They will be to allow a tail off for those who have studied part of the qualification i.e. 2391-10 & want to complete 2391-20 or vice-versa.

This was always the intention of C&G as i understand it.