cable size for 6kw x 2 fryer ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get away with 2.5 Swa the only problem you will find is if the Zs is high then a type c will not disconnect in time. You could use one core for earth and the armour as well which could lower the Zs and allow for a type c to disconnect in time.

You can get away with 2.5 Swa the only problem you will find is if the Zs is high then a type c will not disconnect in time. You could use one core for earth and the armour as well which could lower the Zs and allow for a type c to disconnect in time.
The thing is it didnt trip the breaker- thanks by the way for all this help :Applaud

it did not trip breaker as an overload or short circuit did not happen.

only a connection issue created heat.

yes check the switch (isolator) is rated for the current and avoid cheap makes

and thats the reason it warants a c type then because all the circuits are on c types, geez :red card :red card
I always got told b was domestic, c was commercial and d was industrial so as it was a commercial building and the rest was on a C I would use a C. I am used to working on a domestic do you mean I should have used a D or B?

I always got told b was domestic, c was commercial and d was industrial so as it was a commercial building and the rest was on a C I would use a C. I am used to working on a domestic do you mean I should have used a D or B?
fail :^O you've been told wrong

are you working as an electrician?

fail :^O you've been told wrongare you working as an electrician?
not at the moment I am working in maintenance, fairly new to job used to working with B breaker's!

fair enough.

b,c,and d are characteristics for instaneous tripping

a B has a short time in which it will allow overcurrent above the set mcb size

a C has longer and D longer still.

typically a B would be used for circuits expected not to have inductive loads and hence low/none starting currents

C where some loads will have starting peaks

and D for heavy induced loads such as motors

not at the moment I am working in maintenance, fairly new to job used to working with B breaker's!
the fact you want to install a new circuit, and you assume that just because its commercial it must be a type C is quite scary...

i would suggest you leave this well alone (unless you have someone with more experience to complete the work), and carry on with what you do know

I would agree with the other posters, and their comments do indeed hold some weight to the argument.

This is often why electricians spend so much time at learning, before they are let loose on the open world.

However having said that if you are going to do the job then do it right, and follow any instruction very carefully, any mistake could harm or even kill someone.

Its no good thinking a cable is suitable if it can carry a certain amperage, you need to derate and allow for external influences that may effect its capacity to perform, then you have to calculate its disconnection time with the CPD you have chosen, then you have to consider diversity in calculating total demand, and if by adding this cicuit you have exceeded this demand.

So thank you for asking, and if there is any doubts then ask again, because I would rather you do it right than think its ok to do it as you feel.Or how others say it should be done.