Calling all PC Logo Designer Whizkids...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
... Hello All,

I am calling on all you "Professional Looking Logo Designer" whizkids.

I would like a re-make of the 'talk.electricianforum.co.uk' logo for the new Version 4 forum, that I have been working on, behind the scenes.

Below is a preview of the top of that forum, where I will locating the logo. (in gif format)

What I would like is an image with rounded corners, preferrably fading into nothing (this way I can use it anywhere, without any colour issues) - or if you can't do that, I would accpet it to fade into the colour on the sample screenshot below.

I would like the 'www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk' with our trademark electricity pylons faded in the background. :) I will leave the professional looking text to your imaginations. (If someone is kind enough to take on this non-paid job, I would be extremely gratefull in the first instance, In the second instance, I would be grateful if you would show me an example in a PM.

I am not 100% about the pixel size as yet, but I don't want it as big as the current one.

New_Forum.gif

So, Who's up for it?

Many, many Thanks,

Admin.

Isn't that version due to be updated to 4.1 shortly?

I believe there are some issues when viewing with IE6 and older IEs.

I believe some of the buttons, and smilies don't show.

Below is a preview of the top of that forum, where I will locating the logo. (in gif format)
You don;t want it in GIF, you want it in as high a quality format as possible, GIF is very much not a high quality format. You can then use it for anything you like after converting it yourself without quality issues.

What I would like is an image with rounded corners, preferrably fading into nothing (this way I can use it anywhere, without any colour issues) - or if you can't do that, I would accpet it to fade into the colour on the sample screenshot below.
Isn;t that basically what you've got now?

I would like the 'www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk' with our trademark electricity pylons faded in the background. :) I will leave the professional looking text to your imaginations. (If someone is kind enough to take on this non-paid job, I would be extremely gratefull in the first instance, In the second instance, I would be grateful if you would show me an example in a PM.I am not 100% about the pixel size as yet, but I don't want it as big as the current one.
Pixel size isn;t an issue, as with the format you want it as big as possible, all you do is resize it for use where you want. You can;t increase the size if required later without losing quality.

I volunteer Lurch,

he seems to know what he's talking about.

Ive drew one out for you too Admin,

I'll post it too you tomorrow if I remember to buy some stamps. :D

The reason I said gif, Lurch - Is because that is what vB has it down as and I am not searching and changing templates for it.

Yes, vB needs to be updates. Current version is 4.0.1.

Yes, I want the text in a different format, if that is the right terminology for it.

The reason I said gif, Lurch - Is because that is what vB has it down as and I am not searching and changing templates for it.
I know why you want GIF, but what I meant was if you get the picture in GIF format it is a lossy format so you will always have a lossy low quality picture. If you get a decent lossless image format all you have to do is change it to whatever format you want, for anything. This isn;t a hard job, open it in MS Paint, then save it as whatever you want, or do it online, or send it me and I'll do it.

As for the designing of it, not my scene, I'm more hardware\software, not creative design. ;)

Also, yuo mention vB, are you swapping at some point? Not a fan of vB myself.

I know why you want GIF, but what I meant was if you get the picture in GIF format it is a lossy format so you will always have a lossy low quality picture. If you get a decent lossless image format all you have to do is change it to whatever format you want, for anything. This isn;t a hard job, open it in MS Paint, then save it as whatever you want, or do it online, or send it me and I'll do it. As for the designing of it, not my scene, I'm more hardware\software, not creative design. ;)

Also, yuo mention vB, are you swapping at some point? Not a fan of vB myself.
What do you mean, Swapping at some point? This one is vB too. :)

As for the image - If you do it in a higher quality format and then change it GIF, which is what I believe you to be suggesting, it would still lose it's quality though?

I have changed the format over that way, many times. I use Paint Shop Pro 7, amongst others to do it.

Thanks for your offer in that respect though.

Looks like I will be doing the logo myself too. :_|

What do you mean, Swapping at some point? This one is vB too. :)
So it is! Everything has changed in the last few Years, I used to prefer IPB, but the new one I'm not keen on, and I'm not a fan of the old vB, but this one is like the old IPB, so I like it, hence the confusion. ISTR I had this issue when I joined, didn;t know what I was on!

As for the image - If you do it in a higher quality format and then change it GIF, which is what I believe you to be suggesting, it would still lose it's quality though?
Yes, but only for that image. If you wanted to use it somewhere else then you would only have the GIF image, if you make a decent PSD then you have the original, uncompressed, editable file so you can use it for high or low res situations. Same sort of thing as the size, you can remove but not add quality.

Latest posts