Cctv Camera Mounting On Hanging Tiles

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
I have a job to do where the customer want one camera on the front of the property, I would have located the camera under the sofit but not here................asbestos...........

The whole front wall top to bottom is covered in hanging clay tiles, sooooooooo any ideas of a mounting bracket that maybe on the market for such a job?

I have given him a couple of options:

• mount camera under upstairs window sill (not ideal as he doesnt want tenants leaning out & messing with the camera).
  • remove a tile use cutter to cut circle out, powder up cutout peices & mix with clear silicone fill hole once camera is fitted (he's not overly happy about doing this)
  • change the camera for a covert type & mount on the wood support of the front door overhang roof (he said it would be to low & can be messed with)
Failing that it's going on the tree in the front garden & the cable will be cunningly disguised as a washing line, by way of hanging some pants & shirts out. :slap

It's not a roof paddler it is the front wall. The tiles are hanging on battens. 

You may be on to something with the pv bracket idea.

I had  to fit an alarm box on a 'roof tiled' wall. I drilled through and mounted 6mm stud behind with lock nuts to space the bell box level with the tiles. Drilling the tiles was a nightmare, just as difficult as porcelain.  

Out of interest for anyone who does  cctv, I have now seen 1000 TVL cameras

Drill your fixing holes in the asbestos, I don't think two holes will kill you.

I know Artexers who used the stuff with asbestos in it and they are still alive a kicking and in their middle to late 60's, one can drink coffee made straight from the kettle but that's only a side affect  :slap