Cctv Cameras And Alarm Installation Required

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just desserts

Reaction score
hi there we are currently looking at obtaining cameras for our property and getting an alarm system installed thought this would be a good place to ask for advice or see if theres anyone in area that could help we have been told that we wiill need speed domes ptrefrably with infa red,as well as statics and also a good make for the dvr is dedicated micro s we have alot of trouble with gangs hanging about in the area so we want to have installed the best system that we can afford we would be open to advice as to what is the best way to go about this if anyone can help please feel free to post reply and we can discuss further

Oh well that's a good start then glad to see it was an idea to place this on furim wasn't too sure thanks for post glad to see its a friendly furim cheers mate

Yes, would totally agree with my learned colleague,

Badger has been assisting myself with some cctv for my own abode, and as for Dedicated Micros, you are spot on as in they set the benchmark,

I actually have a question for said Badger about my system......

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to ask who said you will need speed domes?

Also what sort of premisses is it?

I was not asking how many, but what are they? shop, house, factory...........

BTW,

for what its worth, if you want a decent install that is actually going to show you anything its not a DIY job,

you really need to have a good idea of what you are installing and know what the different specs of similar described kit actually are,

a lot of unscrupulous sellers only point out the good sounding bits, and omit the not so favourable parts,

yes got some quotes and advice from others in area and glad to say all being well should be going  ahead tale end of the month well pleased with that cheers all

You still have not said what type of premises it is, but unless its a very big place, you do not want speed domes, or any other PTZ camera