cctv question re remote access software

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie-P

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a home cctv that can be viewable remotely. The cameras used are 1/3" High Res 650TVL CCD IP67 IR 6mm for external and 1/3

I have finally got round to setting up the CCTV at my own house. I have used a Alien Pro DVR and have linked it into the house aerial amp via a modulator. I also wired it direct to the lounge tv via a composite signal as i had the cable there. The DVR has a link to the router and i have full access via the internet. I also have live pictures on my Android smart phone, although only if within a WiFi signal. It could be set up to ping, email or text me when movement is seen on the camera but i am not bothered about that.

The software used is cctvwindow.com

The alien was that the hybrid one? Did the software come with the DVr or was it a separate purchase? Finally, can that software control 2 DVrs of different brands at one time? Sorry to ask these but although I have been installing CCTV for a while, I generally didn't have much to do with the commissioning and setup so now I am keen to learn this side as I am now fully independent.

Latest posts