Ceiling Grid Through Box Holder

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I'm about to start a fire alarm job using MICC.

Its all going in a basket above the false ceiling and when I get to a smoke or heat detector im going into a through box above the ceiling and down through the centre of the tile.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of those brackets that clip on the ceiling grid and that you screw the through box onto.

They look like this.

Thanks.

imagesPQSBALJN.jpg

Thats an American box & bracket. The box is larger than our standard BESA size. Their code is that all lights etc have to have back boxes that are fixed to the building  structure, not like our fastfix boxes that attach to the board. That bracket is not suitable anyhow for a demountable ceiling. The legs are to get the correct spacing so the box always sits flush with the finished board.

Whenever we have done this type of job , a piece of ply the size of the tile is laid on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen cable tray stand off brackets used upside down

box is fastened to bracket

bracket placed on back of tile

detector base fastened to room side of tile making a ceiling tile sandwich, with the conduit box and base being the bread and the ceiling tile taking the role of the filling........how descriptive was that after a night out with Mr merlot?

Latest posts