Celebrities

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalcyB

Reaction score
I've been working in a celebrities bedroom today and I wonderered if any one else on here has any experiences of working for celebrities?

Malc

I once supplied light fittings for Gary Barlow's bedroom. At the time he was sharing the house with Andy Peters & did wonder if he was gay.

To my eternal shame I also once also supplied lamps for use in the Krankies stage set on Blackpool pier.

I used to do a bit of rigging in my past and got to 'meet' kinda a few celebs(singers, proper ones).

also met a few movie peeps while I was working on the rock, and have been in the presence of such likes as Guy Ritchie and his missus when then were looking for locations there.

worked in a few minor celebs houses, but no one mega big recently.

I could name names but Liz told me it was bad manners to name drop. ;)

This should make an interesting thread.

The firm I was apprentice with did a lot of work at the Longbridge Car Plant ,known to Brummies as "The Austin" ( British Leyland)

We were sent to the bungalow of Sir Alec Issigonis who designed the Morris Minor and the Mini . ( He drove A Roller)

I pulled the firm's van (Austin A55 ) onto the drive , the maid opened the door and said "You can remove that dreadful thing straight away , then remove your shoes and follow me "

Sir Alec's Mother (Looking like Barbara Cartland) glared at us and said " Don't disturb me , I'm writing a book"

We felt as welcome as a phart in space suit !!!

I remember going into the garage to the fuseboard and finding a miniature rail track about 4" gauge , leaving the garage via an archway in the corner and going round the garden ,spanning gaps with miniature trestle bridges etc . The locomotive was an expertly made model engine ,perfect in every detail, steam powered , about one foot long . Would have loved to have seen it working . Its seen in a documentary about Issigonis .

My late mate and another sparks were working with builders in Wimpole Street, London about 15 years ago. Barbara Windsor used to walk past , I think she lived nearby , with the workers calling out to her , she always stopped, signed autographs and had a chat with everyone there , really nice person .

I used to do a bit of rigging in my past and got to 'meet' kinda a few celebs(singers, proper ones).also met a few movie peeps while I was working on the rock, and have been in the presence of such likes as Guy Ritchie and his missus when then were looking for locations there.

worked in a few minor celebs houses, but no one mega big recently.

I could name names but Liz told me it was bad manners to name drop. ;)
Samantha Janus ????

Samantha Janus ????
total BABE,

didnt work on her,

oh sorry,

in her house,

shame really.........

but did meet her once we were doing something at the NEC motor show,

I was building racing karts at the time and happened to be staying in same hotel as her and the Top Gear folks and we ended up getting wasted at the bar,

they(and her) really were good laugh and seemed genuine.

I've worked at Derek Bateys house (Mr & Mrs) in St Annes. He was a right nice feller; but his missus and daughter were both full of airs and graces and forever name dropping.

This should make an interesting thread.The firm I was apprentice with did a lot of work at the Longbridge Car Plant ,known to Brummies as "The Austin" ( British Leyland)

We were sent to the bungalow of Sir Alec Issigonis who designed the Morris Minor and the Mini . ( He drove A Roller)

I pulled the firm's van (Austin A55 ) onto the drive , the maid opened the door and said "You can remove that dreadful thing straight away , then remove your shoes and follow me "

Sir Alec's Mother (Looking like Barbara Cartland) glared at us and said " Don't disturb me , I'm writing a book"

We felt as welcome as a phart in space suit !!!

I remember going into the garage to the fuseboard and finding a miniature rail track about 4" gauge , leaving the garage via an archway in the corner and going round the garden ,spanning gaps with miniature trestle bridges etc . The locomotive was an expertly made model engine ,perfect in every detail, steam powered , about one foot long . Would have loved to have seen it working . Its seen in a documentary about Issigonis .

My late mate and another sparks were working with builders in Wimpole Street, London about 15 years ago. Barbara Windsor used to walk past , I think she lived nearby , with the workers calling out to her , she always stopped, signed autographs and had a chat with everyone there , really nice person .
old sir alec was a friend of my wifes grand mother, he built my farther inlaws rally car.

as for babs windsor, i know a guy who was in her house working, she said "your not going to charge me are you? you do know how i am" lol

wife was going to do some work for the hamster, but he wanted everything at trade so she said sod it.

Sharon in Eastenders. As was.

I think she has been on that come dancing thing as well?

Sharon in Eastenders. As was. I think she has been on that come dancing thing as well?
That would account for it as I never watched it as I've not had my brain removed

Many years ago when I was working for a kitchen company, I use to hand paint kitchen units and tile for them, I was sent to a large house to work on a new oak kitchen.

Was let in by the house keeper, and all I knew was the name on the ticket was Mr G.

Later on in the day I hit a problem with some of the tiles, and couldn't find the house keeper. But I did see some one in the garden, in the sun reading a book.

From behind and with the white hair I just thought it was the lady of the house, so walked out and said "excuse me madam could I please have a word with you about your tiles"

At which point a heard a slight chuckle and to my horror Mr David Gower got out of the chair turned round, seeing me turning a bright red, and said " don't worry it happens a lot"

He was very nice, we sorted out the tile and then he made a nice coffee for me before returning to the garden.

Lyngarth

Many years ago when I was working for a kitchen company, I use to hand paint kitchen units and tile for them, I was sent to a large house to work on a new oak kitchen.Was let in by the house keeper, and all I knew was the name on the ticket was Mr G.

Later on in the day I hit a problem with some of the tiles, and couldn't find the house keeper. But I did see some one in the garden, in the sun reading a book.

From behind and with the white hair I just thought it was the lady of the house, so walked out and said "excuse me madam could I please have a word with you about your tiles"

At which point a heard a slight chuckle and to my horror Mr David Gower got out of the chair turned round, seeing me turning a bright red, and said " don't worry it happens a lot"

He was very nice, we sorted out the tile and then he made a nice coffee for me before returning to the garden.

Lyngarth
I suppose its all down to who you would know and class as a celeb,

I really dont think I would have recognised him at all,

I'm not a cricket fan, though I may recognise botham,

bit like work at the mo, we have a couple of ex rugby guys with us,

one of the labourers is like f'in legends, Im like lazy b'stard and the other guy will be OK once he has got the ropes.

would love to have gazza as a workmate though, at least you could rely on him to go to the offie on a friday,

(or monday, or tuesday, or wednesday............)

Not a celeb as such.....

did someone work for Jason Crump (last years speedway world champ)

not the most sociable guy

his wife though........ great...

his boy's bedroom full of posters of other riders lol

was asked to wire up a utility room,,,all sockets positions marked out and they wanted it suface clipped

did it with a view to come back for other stuff after w/e

turned up to find the cupboard fitter had ripped all the cables and sockets off the wall

only time ive walked off a job....