Certification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bez

Reaction score
Got a small job to remove 2 pendant fittings and replace with 2 surface mounted spots on a brand new property. Non- notifiable I know. Will still test the circuit prior to commencing but my question is, does it require a MWC or if not, do you guys issue one anyway, even if it's just to record results?

Cheers

Bez

Its more than likley going to be a cash job, don't leave a paper trail, unless they really want on.

Got a small job to remove 2 pendant fittings and replace with 2 surface mounted spots on a brand new property. Non- notifiable I know. Will still test the circuit prior to commencing but my question is, does it require a MWC or if not, do you guys issue one anyway, even if it's just to record results?Cheers

Bez
Are you registered with a Part p, scheme provider yet?

I know with regard to this work it is irrellevant...

BUT....

at a later assesment date when they are looking though your paper work & copies of issued certificates, A few easy-peasy MWC's can help bulk out your filing and help show that you are issuing certificates for ALL work not just major stuff!

To the strictest letter of safety & regs & stuff you would still need to verify polarity & earth continuity at your replaced fitting!

Bottom line.....

If youre a bit short on MWC's in your copy of certs files.. Issue one.

If you are OK, toss a coin.. heads you do, tails you don't! ; )Guiness Drink

Generally I will test to ensure its all ok but paperwork is a pain so unless customer really wants it for a small job I won't.

Batty

Are the spots ELV? If yes, then it is notifiable unless they're complete units.