Chademo and EVs talk

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gian

Reaction score
Good morning , has anyone been involved with chademo connections and circuits within a EV. Has anyone got hold of a wiring schematic for that circuit within an EV. I am very interested in the V2G EV chargers but at 4k ish a bit to much money. My thoughts are to connect a chademo male plug to my EV to gain access to the 400v DC battery then safely connected to a standard solar inverter which I would connect to my home. From my research I would guess that a v2g basically is an hacked solar inverter possibly a hybrid as it's directional. So really I am at the stage of research and trying to buy a chademo male plug which so far is £900. Really just wanted to see if anyone out there has any knowledge or has maybe same idea as my route of ideas.

Heres a ready made unit that does V2H from Chademo connector
https://accraine.co.uk/product/electway-5000va-chademo-v2h-inverter-2/
Attached is some of the documentation I found (Ive not had time to start looking at it yet).

The Chademo home https://www.chademo.com/

Enjoy!

J
John cheees for that. A v2g EV charger is about the same costs. At the weekend I will see what voltage is directly at my chademo port on the car. Looking at used parts on eBay it would seem it's a direct link to the battery . I will.confirm this this weekend. If I am correct then I can buy a chademo plug, make a proper metal IP rated enclosure with isolators. Then connect it to a solar Inverter. I have a couple of large units . So basically the battery acts as a solar array. Even in the dark as the DC will come from my battery. I will keep you up dated

You have a bit more work to do than that, you will have to initiate comms with the vehicle before it will energise the contactors for the battery to socket connection.
View attachment 14790
Good morning sir, oh I know it would not be that simple. I will be firing up my space heater and digging out my fluke and have a play.

Good morning sir, oh I know it would not be that simple. I will be firing up my space heater and digging out my fluke and have a play.
A bit more information in this document. I think I'll be dusting off the Arduino stuff and try some comms to pickup the contactors as a first step.

Attachments

• Design and implementation of a CHAdeMO Interface on-board vehicle for vehicle-to-grid.pdf
    948.3 KB · Views: 0
Your a star . I have just sent this to my printer. I once child is in bus and I done my house work I will sit and digest . The V2G chargers are available but I cannot justify the cost. I missed out on a trial ,so that got me thinking. I have searched for battery's. I found a 62kw nissan battery from a right off car but £9k . Mind you I would prefer buying another car at £15k than any power walls or other dedicated equipment. I already have a growatt 5kw battery on my third one now it runs out of warranty this year ,if that goes then I will have lost money as it's payback is April. I run a hybrid in another area but again great in summer . I have 13kw of arrays increasing this by another 6kw this year but they will be for east and west facing so east will be within a set period of time then west at end of day. Unfortunately it cost money to save money. Most people get excited with a solar and battery system, I will be very excited in April because after that period it will have paid for its self after 7year so I will actually be quids in and it will be free until I have equipment failure. Anyway really nice of you to send me this info thank you.