Changed bathroom pull switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m betting it’s a two way pull switch and you’ve connected to L1 and L2 INSTEAD of Com and L1
Actually now we know the OP bought a dimmer pull switch, I see it has N and L in terminals and N and L out terminals. The OP has just connected L in and L out.

I have not read the instructions, but I am willing to bet this switch won't work without N connected.

Also if suspecting a cable has pulled out of a terminal in the loft, turn off the power before investigating, you could find a bare live wire lurking under the loft insulation, that would be shocking.

Actually now we know the OP bought a dimmer pull switch, I see it has N and L in terminals and N and L out terminals. The OP has just connected L in and L out.

I have not read the instructions, but I am willing to bet this switch won't work without N connected.

Also if suspecting a cable has pulled out of a terminal in the loft, turn off the power before investigating, you could find a bare live wire lurking under the loft insulation, that would be shocking.
Looking at the Screwfix website Lap don't do a pull cord dimmer so it must be a 2 way switch and looking at the stock number a picture of the back of the switch confirms it
1724142404544.png

Last edited:
Morning all

Thanks for everyone's input!

I went into the roof this morning and found that one of the lights in the bathroom had been knocked in the ceiling. There was a loose connection and after fixing this issue all the lights upstairs, including the bathroom are working again.

Thanks for the help!

Also what does OP stand for 🤔

I was going off the original being the dimmer due to the amount of paint on it 😂😂😂😂😂😂

My shower room pull switch stopped turning the lights on a few weeks ago.
I dismounted the switch off the ceiling and found a loose connection.
Tightened, now working.

Morning all

Thanks for everyone's input!

I went into the roof this morning and found that one of the lights in the bathroom had been knocked in the ceiling. There was a loose connection and after fixing this issue all the lights upstairs, including the bathroom are working again.

Thanks for the help!

Also what does OP stand for 🤔
put an upside down plantpot over the light fitting with notch in the rim for the cable. If LED no need to add a vent hole. Seal rim with silicon. This also stops heat escaping into the loft, keeping heating bills down.

put an upside down plantpot over the light fitting with notch in the rim for the cable. If LED no need to add a vent hole. Seal rim with silicon. This also stops heat escaping into the loft, keeping heating bills down.
What a brilliant idea. I once paid dear for some "hoods" that were completely useless.

Latest posts