Check over quote

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
Just check this one over with me

House has been reposessed so all socket fronts switch fronts, downlights etc are missing

customer wants them putting back and a few alterations, i've added a few bits in for your help

Front Room

- Fit 4 wall lights at existing locations (lights not supplied)

- Connect 4 x Double Sockets

- Connect 2 x Single Sockets

- Connect 1 x Switch

Kitchen - already has 14 downlights in

- Install 6 x Brushed steel downlights - (in original locations)

- Wire and install 2 x Pendant lights - (inplace of other 8 downlights)

- Connect 2 x Switches

- Connect 3 x Double Sockets

- Connect 1 x Fused Spur

- Make Safe cooker circuit - JB on the end for now

Master Bedroom

- Connect 2 x Switches

- Wire and Install 2 x Extra Sockets - 2 new sockets on a blank wall

Hall -originally has 7 downlights

- Wire and Install 3 x Pendants

- Connect 4 x Switches

- Connect 3 x Chrome Downlighters - in original posistions

Dinning Room

- Wire and Install 2 x Pendants - (inplace of 6 downlights)

- Connect 2 x Switches

- Connect 2 x Double Sockets

- Connect 1 x Single Socket

Spare Room

- Connect 1 x Switch

Guest Room

- Wire and Install 1 x Pendant -in place of 4 downlights

- Connect 1 x Switch

- Connect 1 x Double Socket

- Connect 1 x Single Socket

Bathroom

- Install supply for mirror light and shaver socket (mirror light not supplied)

- Wire and Install 2 x downlighters - in original posistions

- Wire and Install 1 x Pendant - in place of 4 downlights

Outside

- Check all outside lights operate correctly and safely.

- Change existing damaged light for standard bulkhead

Consumer Unit

- Install new 10way Dual RCD Consumer Unit

- Full Testing and Inspection of House

- Upgrade of Main Bonding - next to CU

As you can see theres a fair bit. Theres going to be a bit of jigging around of the lighting to convert from downlights to pendants etc, also its a bungalow with good loft access.

For me I come to 3days (540) and 270 for my parts with 10% with standard 280 on top for the CU and labour.

so thats 1090. Sounds a lot to me??

I haven't itemised it on the quote just built it in. I usually charge 280 for a change, allows a day. Just easier to work out the price for work, and add my cu charge on top of that.

Bonding to water and gas ????

1 day for the lights

1 day for the sockets

1 day for the cu

1/2 day for a possible overrun

no making good, bonding to both 1 next to CU, 1 about 5meters away.

Just be sure to add a big disclaimer..

something like "any investigation and repair of any faults found during the above works or testing will be charged as extra"

If they've taken all the accesories then what else have they done?!?!?!

Yeah I already have noz! I may make it a bit more detailed!

Way too cheap.

How on earth can you change a CU for 280????

This is what keeps prices low and electricians moaning.....

Way too cheap.How on earth can you change a CU for 280????

This is what keeps prices low and electricians moaning.....
Really? So your materials are 100quid, and labour 180, 1day usually 3/4 sounds right to me? Thats for your basic dual rcd.

Really? So your materials are 100quid, and labour 180, 1day usually 3/4 sounds right to me? Thats for your basic dual rcd.
need a little more to cover those call backs! no fault of yours but tou get them

1 thing I can think of Sellers, how old is the bungalow ? Is it worth offering the option of a complete rewire as well ?

You could go to alot of work replacing all the visable stuff to get call backs on old cabling issues over the next 12 months.

Maybe thats just me being my usual over cautious self. :innocent

fair play to any guy who can test first and change a 10way fully loaded board in 8 hours
I know I have made that mistake before, quoted on the basis that I could do it all in the day with full test, oh don't get me wrong I can do it in a day if everything is good, its when you find all the hidden gems that throw a spanner in your timescale.

The worst loss I did was thinking I could change a 20 way TP+N board in a day. Now that was just stupidity on my part (I think it took me 3 days).

:runROTFWL

Your profile is a little vague - where in the South are you? I imagine if you were central London things would be very much more than Lancs.No mention of the make or board, split load, all RCBO's. Amount of local competition.

Just too many variables.
It doesnt matter where i am from.

We should all be charging around the same and not undercutting each other. Thats just ridiculous.

Especially now we have 20% VAT to look forward to next year.

I always use standard Hager Dual RCD Cu's, although sometimes crabtree.

And there is lots of competition.

Most of my CU changes get priced at around 450.

Work smart, not hard.

It doesnt matter where i am from.
Of course it does! I live in a rural area and a national park. Fuel, food, houses etc all cost me a lot more than they would if I lived in a big town or city in the Northeast. The same basket of shopping when I lived in London could cost easily 10-15% more than the same basket of food in Yorkshire.

Why do most businesses [all public sector businesses] pay a London allowance for people living there? Because the cost of living is high.

We should all be charging around the same and not undercutting each other. Thats just ridiculous.
Price fixing is illegal. Surly you decide what it cost to run your business, how much money you want to make a year, how busy you'll be and how long it will likely take? If 'Sellers' or anyone else can make a decent living changing consumer units for