18th edition exam

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveefc123

Reaction score
Hi everyone, currently studying for the 18th edition exam (Brown book). Does anyone know how many questions are officially in each section as ive seen different amounts online.
Also does i know the questions on the exam will go in order of each chapter but can anyone confirm that the questions are also in order as you read through the book? Eg question 10 page 65, question 11 page 67, question 12 page 68. Or can they be anywhere in that chapter. Thanks

I think my exam was in order of the book. So if you complete Q10 and find you are going backwards in the book to answer Q11 then you've probably gone wrong somewhere. But that might not be the case for you.

It is in order through the book but some sections have more questions than others, Chapters 51 and 52 off the top of my head.

Have you done many C&G exams before?

In my opinion the order that the questions appear is a minor problem as long as you can get your head around the typical double negatives used in the wording of C&G questions!

If you have done earlier edition exams, then I doubt that the 18th would present too many problems..

Are you doing this course purely on-line or have you attended a physical office/building/classroom/conference room, etc and had some teaching with others taking the exam?

Its not uncommon for some people to do better after attending a real-life classroom environment, as you can learn a lot from listening to other peoples questions.

When I went self employed in 1999 I went back to my local college to do evening courses to update my qualifications..

Also around the same time I was doing some Open University computer related courses, which were study from home with "optional" physical tuition and revision days at local venues...

We were told that statistically those who attended the 'OU' physical additional tuition and revision days, always got higher overall exam marks than those who just worked only studying from home!

I honestly can't remember the order of questions when I did my 18th edition..
But my gut feeling is that they are mixed up, as it is basically an easy multi-choice open-book exam..
Where the two key points they are testing are "Can you use the index" and "Do you understand the regs you have found from using the index"?

Forgot to say welcome to the forum... 🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃
Good news... It is ALWAYS Beer-o'clock when a new member first posts!! :):cool:(y)
Are you brand-new to the trade.. or older person just updating qualifications?