christmas lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougal

Reaction score
Looking at the mass of christmas lights that are on some houses, what horror stories do any of you have for these? :)

(I can just imagine the 4 way adapters plugged into 4 way adapeters at the end of an extension lead from the shed powering all the OTT decorations including the inflatable santa and the eating Rudolf!)

Is it me or are they getting worse each year.

Barr Humbug

It's like one giant competition, isn't it?

Mr X has to beat Mr Y to put them up and to put up much more then Mr Y too.

Sad.

and people complain when their electricity bill goes up !!!!!! :^O :^O:^O:^O

Yh i went to a job last year (Fire Service) where they had 2 4 way adapters plugged in together all used up, this included fairy lights around the bedroom sadly to say the bedroom was totally gutted and luckily no one was at home.

to be fair though if its done professionally its safe if the correct rated mcbs per light set is used, for example i have coloured par38s in the garden on a time clock, bit each light is wrired to a consumer unit, where each lamp is on its own 6 amp mcb so it can only take out 1 light if that light develops a fault, will take some pics later in the week, and place them here :)

I like how it said about that American man

(he made a small miscalculation and it cost him his life)

a bit of an understatement

Batty