Chubb Warden Call Unit (Initial)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richell

Reaction score
hi, I have been called out to fit a new chubb initial apartment station in a old peoples type nof home. the chubb system is all up and running just this room doesnt have one in it (it used to). chubb tell me i cant do it and they need to call out a chubb engineer at £200+

any ways round this. i get the closed protocol issue but just to fit one speech unit to an in-situ system

ideas?

its quite an old system (not ancient) and they are thinking of binning it, so they dont have a 'service contract' with anyone i.e. chubb ...... but while the residents decide about a new one they need this old one working. if it cant be done by me/third party I suppose Chubb only way to go

you may be able to do it if you really wanted,

but, and this is important,

the equipment may still belong to Chubb, and youd be opening a whole can of worms by getting involved,

just because they dont have a service contract, doesnt mean that Chubb ever sold them the equipment,

ok, this makes complete sense - install for free expensive service contract. i will check it out.

if i really wanted to do this, i assume there are people who can pass this info on (goodwill or electronic drink) as the equip i have in their office offers no clues whatsoever