College course looks the way to go to start training....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trumpton855

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

So having possibly offended many of you with my last post on potentially looking to do a Domestic Installers Course. Of which I have now seen the light and agree this is not the way to go.

I am now looking to possibly go the college route and hopefully train there to become an electrician (if capable).

Just one question, which I need some advice on, is the C&G 2330 level 2 the initial basic course I should be looking at and move up to level 3, 17th Edition, so and so after that? Just eager to know as obviously I'm at the beginners stage and want to do this the right way with the right qualifications behind me. I'm aware that this could take some considerable time, but I'm not going anywhere and am very keen to establish myself in the correct manner.

All advice is much appreciated, thanks peeps

First off Trump, you certainly haven't offended Me personally, its just that these courses are frowned upon in the industry when it comes to employment. Myself and others just want to show you the side of the coin that these slick salesmen don't show you. The 2330 goes up to level 3. If you can get onto it, do so. The new 2357 (which is a C&G and NVQ rolled into one) comes out in July as far as I am aware. The downside to the 2357 (compared the 2330), is that you need to be employed in the trade to do it (to satisfy the NVQ side of the 2357). If you book the 2330 now, you shouldn't have many issues. With things changing, My timings of course start/finish dates could be incorrect, so please do double check.

AndyGuinness

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Andy,

After looking into it a bit deeper I can understand why you guys don't appreciate these quick fix courses. It takes a considerable amount of time and training to gain the qualifications and experience that bonafide sparkies have.

Thanks for your input, I have looked at two colleges which are sort of near me, will get onto them for the rest of the info....