commando SOCKET

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys i need a commando socket to fir to armoured cable 4 core 2.5 only using 3 cores though as it was an ofcut and save wasting used 4 c instead of 3c bu hey ho, no ill gland the armoured through a 20mm gland like usual, but i need to fit into a commandosocket to plug onto a fridge van as it movable, and needs to be able to be drawn along by vehicle if the needs arrises although its stationary at the moment does anyone know where id get a commando socket from the is able to make off an armourd to, like this but a socket version

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/44755/Electrical-Supplies/Industrial/240V/200-250V-MK-Commando-Interlocked-Straight-Socket-2P-E-IP44#

you cannot get any commando desingned specifically for SWA - since SWA is not designed to be flexed much. although i have sucesfully teminated SWA into them before, so it can be done. just keep everything tight, and put a earth tag/locknut onto gland and a short length of cable with a ring terminal onto earth tag should do nicely.

but i dont really like the idea of 'the van is moveable' - it should not be moved with the cable connected unless there is someone to move the cable rather than it being dragged.

best solution would be to use SY cable

CB0873706-40.jpg

or H07RNF

h07rnf.gif

the van s towable but now has been put in a fenced area which will be staying there, anyway all done now ive used a commando socket and earth the armouring through the fuseboard side which gives an extremley low reading only been 3 meteres from the f/board, also have put on rcbo ;)