Condition report for workplace

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If, of course you can measure R1R2 safely, which if you cant isolate the board outside of set hours, you are back to working in a live board, think there was one member here who had a bit of a flash measuring R1R2 on an EICR, think one of the team was at the isolator for a water heater, while another switched off the MCB and held a link between earth and the output of the MCB, unfortunatly the cirucit had been muddle with the ring, the other end of which (along with the water heater circuit) being fed by another MCB.

Like I said, not a problem on a new installation where you do the R1R2 tests before the board goes live, but on an existing installation where downtime has to be limited, and then you do need the power on for IDing cirucits its a bit of none starter

Like I said, not a problem on a new installation where you do the R1R2 tests before the board goes live, but on an existing installation where downtime has to be limited, and then you do need the power on for IDing cirucits its a bit of none starter
 I quite like turning off all the other ccts and tracing the cct I'm working on live. I find it much easier for lighting ccts. . LIke wise I tend to take Zs readings rather than R1 + R2, exposing a few shielded terminals in a light fitting shouldn't be much of an issue. If it looks like a dogs dinner, then working dead is advisable

I quite like turning off all the other ccts and tracing the cct I'm working on live. I find it much easier for lighting ccts. . LIke wise I tend to take Zs readings rather than R1 + R2, exposing a few shielded terminals in a light fitting shouldn't be much of an issue. If it looks like a dogs dinner, then working dead is advisable

Agree 100%

Turn on all lights. Turn off circuits 1 after another to determine what is on what circuit - then you find lights connected to socket circuits / radials ...... is how I scope every EICR I do