conductor names?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

electrician786

Reaction score
Hi all just a question which I was asked by a lecturer. What is the green/yellow conductor called? What is the blue conductor called? What is the brown conductor called?

you claim to have all these qualifications

City & Guilds 2330 level 2 & 3

17th edition wiring regs

2391 inspection & testing
and your asking what the brown wire is called? how about 'dangerous, stay away'?

Lol, can anyone answer it. I have the qualifications and experience. I just want to see the reply I get.

Ok see my post about shouting off, this is a prime example. Andy has discovered your previous posts which lists some impressive qualifications, and here you are asking a basic first year question. I would urge any member to ignore your question until such time that you become humble and post in a section of the forum where you will be taken seriously.

I know the answer already, this is just a question. Why are you guys so scared to answer it?

I know the answer already, this is just a question. Why are you guys so scared to answer it?
They are called wire a, wire b, and wire c

There is no such thing as a daft question or even a daft answer, so have a go at the answer someone. We are all still learning no matter how qualified we may think we are!

I have now moved this thread to a position that you may find more comfortable.

cpc, neutral and line, if correctly identified. sounds like a riddle to me.

Mandator, you should not judge a book by its cover. You may think you are the elite electrician, but you should practise what you preach. You do not know me so do not judge me.

Yes sellers you are correct, at least you had a go unlike some people. The reason I posted this question was because I was asked this question last year and I said cpc, neutral and LIVE. The guy then said no its actually LINE! Even now at work I still here sparkies calling the brown wire LIVE instead of LINE. It's just habbit I guess.

I was going to go for protective conductor but wasn't sure if it was a term or not.

But aye, Line and Neutral are Live conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.