Conversion from DC to AC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satxx

Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to find the logic behind powering an AC device from the output of a fuel cell. I know the fuel cell output voltage is DC and hence we may need a DC-DC converter and an inverter but i am not sure of the stages involved. Can someone explain how to go about it or if theres any good reference for the same.

Thank you in advance.

Hi

I am trying to find the logic behind powering an AC device from the output of a fuel cell. I know the fuel cell output voltage is DC and hence we may need a DC-DC converter and an inverter but i am not sure of the stages involved. Can someone explain how to go about it or if theres any good reference for the same.

Thank you in advance.
It would be an inverter that you need DC to AC not DC to DC that you mention. All fairly standard item, easy technology to deal with. The fuel cell however is a very different animal, if it's a Hydrogen one you're already on a huge losing battle, the Hydrogen takes 3 x the amount of power to obtain it than it creates when used.
Efoy used to make fuel cell generators for caravans, I think they ran on Methanol.

Latest posts