Cowboy could have killed me today!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Been to look at a c/u change today as per my other thread on the Q&A board, went round pulling plugs out, checking sockets etc, as I went to pull one out the home owner said "ben careful with that one its live" I sadi what do you mean its live I'm un plugging it, home owner said "the live pin on the plug is live when its unplugged", to which I replied "I beg your pardon". The homeowner then explained to me how he had an electrician in 6 months ago to look at a light in the room (its an upstairs bedroom) and the guy had told him it needed more power or something so he had connected a 1.5mm 2 core from the live and nuetral at the ceiling rose and ran it accross loft, down into the water cylinder cupboard and into this plug socket!!! Meaning the live pin is always live from the lighting circuit! If the guy hadn't told me I could easily have touched this pin or so could anyone else who had come along in the future. Job is round an old guys house so he believed the guy when he came round!!

Yeah removed the cable and plug, couldn't find any fault with the light though!

FFS!!!

I would call a person like that a B**t**d!!X( X( :( :eek:

but that would be giving persons lacking one parent a bad name!!X(X( X( :|

as you say that could have done someone a serious injury!!!X(X( X(

Last edited by a moderator: