Creda 79361s Problems!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashrabbit

Reaction score
Hi, I really hope someone can help me shed some light on ths problem. I will try to be as brief as possible.

I am a tenant in a 2 bedroomed Housing Association flat and for the past 3 - 4 winters I have been cold in my home. With a new baby on the way at the end of April I have been prparing the flat for our new arrival and want everything right when he's born.

I've lost count of the number of people that I've had out to look at this heater, each one of them feels it, trys to give me a lesson in how to use a storage heater and go away telling me there's nothing they can do. Not one of them has taken the front off the heater to check it.

This year I monitored the temp in my living room and on average we were achieving 16 - 18 degrees. I have the heater in the title fitted which I understand should adequately heat a room 30m2 at 18 degrees. My room is smaller at 19m2, so my logic says that roughly speaking we should achieve room temperatures of approximately double with the same heater.

Because of repeatedly "banging my head against a brick wall" I turned the power off and took the front off the heater myself yesterday. I found 8 bricks 4 on the left 4 on the right. The 4 on the right were "steaming hot" and the bricks had obviously heated because they look like used BBQ coals (nearest description I could think of) on the left however the bricks are brand new and were contrastingly colder.

So my conclusion is that the element on the left is not working so we have been heating the room with half a heater, that combined with window seals needing to be replaced, cavity wall insulation needing to be installed and cold air entering the property, it's no wonder I've been cold.

It's difficult when an inspector calls and baffles you with science when you don't know any different. This time though I'd like to be armed with correct info to firre back at them, hence this post to check my logic and thinking.

Any help would be greaty appreciated!!!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was made at 09:43 ----------

Just another point to check with you. Because we've been cold we've been using an additional electric heater. Am I right in thinking that this will confuse the thermostat on the heater, so although I have "input" set to maximum the heater will reduce the input automatically because it thinks the temp is higher than it actually is causing the same problem the following day because it hasn't received maximum charge the night before?

Also every now and again we have had a potent "parafin" smell coming from the heater, although this hasn't happened for some time.

Go and show them how it's done steps.

Poor show the previous guys not even taking the front of to check all the elements were okay. I hope you didn't pay anyone to do those previous checks.