Customer ripped off by electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L-E_Fault

Reaction score
I was working on this house and I noticed a socket sticking off the wall by about 15mm. The customer told me she had the electrician round to do some work I asked "why the socket is sticking out?" she told me thats the best he could do it wont go back any further in other words he couldn't be bothered to chase the brick back.

She told me he has also changed the CCU, changed the sockets and switches, and put power to the garage.

"Was he part P?" I asked

"Part what????" she replied

"Did he leave any paperwork" I asked

"No, for what?" she replied

As you can see from the photos you can't open the door on the CCU.

To much copper on show at the back of sockets and switches.

In one of the sockets he had ragged the cable through the box leaving it bare.

All this for the bargain price of

167.jpg

166.jpg

168.jpg

165.jpg

169.jpg

:^O Get his number from the client and get him dobbed in] :)

People like that really give us all a bad name.

i have tried dobbin a few bad installs/engineers were there has been bad workmanship,they dont seem to care as long as no one has been hurt as there is no were to reclaim there cost back investigating .(for ref i reported my finding to the niceic)

He came recommended by the plumber. The customer wanted a complete rewire but the sparks said she didn't need one, not that he did any testing to find out. It probably would of cost 10 grand with that muppet.

Didn't use the "Faceplate screw covers" either Did he?

PS - Due to your pics being so large, the board has spread. :_|

Would local building control not be interested?

No certs etc ?

Or will they be too busy checking through there own receipts;\

Guiness Drink

I have a nineteen incher (Widescreen).

Just a quicky - how in the hell did the 'electrician' manage to fit the front cover of the CCU in that amount of space??AndyGuiness Drink
Applaud Smiley:D

and therein lies this chaps real skill

:D