Customer ripped off by electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek:

19? - I wouldn't fold it half for any reason Specs.

:D

i have tried dobbin a few bad installs/engineers were there has been bad workmanship,they dont seem to care as long as no one has been hurt as there is no were to reclaim there cost back investigating .(for ref i reported my finding to the niceic)
I think the various authorities do care... just that in many cases their hands are tied:(

and they have limited enforcement powers. :| :_|

The fundamental point with getting someone hauled over the coals..

is.. AFAIK It has to be a person who has had the work done who makes a formal complaint.

So if the customer don't want to kick up a stink cuz it was a friend of a friend who did the job.

And if they do complain it will tarnish their friendship with the person who passed the name of cowboy spark onto them!!!

So if customer may be unhappy.. but don't want to rock the friendship boat then there's naff all you can do about it.

Unless it directly affects you, you cannot complain about the quality of work that any trader has done at your neighbours!

because IF your neighbour is unwilling to open the door to let any investigating party in, you get nowhere.

The initial point for complaints would either be to a Scheme provider or Trading standards.

and then Legally I believe the original person MUST be given opportunity to put the work right

Which is why...

the original customer has to be involved..

otherwise the cowboy Joe spark could quite legitimately say..

"but i hadn't finished & the customer wouldn't let me back on site!"

:|