Daddy Poem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me off on Elvis as I can't abide him. If music hadn't been racially segregated he wouldn't have existed as he stole everything he knew from black music. Even the writers of Hound Dog said that the Elvis version was not the best & that it was written for a woman to sing about a man. There were a lot of people, like Pat Boone for example, who did sanitised white versions of black recordings which sold more than the originals.
I heard that , original Hound dog was by Big Momma Thornton, its a slow bluesey version , like him or not the Elvis version rocks like nothing you hear today . The yanks had their problems back then , black music was on black radio stations, Elvis grew up with it, thats all, and his early records were the first time most Brits had heard R & B . Where is it written that you have to be black to sing the blues, Heatbreak Hotel is pure blues, as is Mystery Train as is Reconsider Baby, Long Black Limousine, Like a Baby etc.

Sadly all transient now .

Pat Boone versions , yes , but who plays them now, its the original Little Richard and Fats that we remember.

Deke has left the Thread.

Well thanks a lot Admin , not heard that for a while , I know its corny but Ooops theres something in my eye... watering a bit there ... naw this is silly.. I'm a rufty -tufty construction worker with muddy rugged boots .... we're not affected by stuff like this.... we're hairy assed building workers ..we swear and spit and phart and scratch our goullies.. and drink thirty pints of beer every dinnertime.....still...... hearing it again.... well it ... sort of.... well ... you know... someone help me out here .. ! :_|

We had Elvis renew our wedding vows in Las Vegas a few months back. At that time he was alive and kicking. Has he died or summat?

Anybody remember Old Tige by Jim Reeves? It was another Old Shep type song i.e. a sentimental, maudlin, lachrymose ballad.

Well thanks a lot Admin , not heard that for a while , I know its corny but Ooops theres something in my eye... watering a bit there ... naw this is silly.. I'm a rufty -tufty construction worker with muddy rugged boots .... we're not affected by stuff like this.... we're hairy assed building workers ..we swear and spit and phart and scratch our goullies.. and drink thirty pints of beer every dinnertime.....still...... hearing it again.... well it ... sort of.... well ... you know... someone help me out here .. ! :_|
Aww Bless - Here you go Mate...

kleenex_tissues.gif

Lachrymose Eh! Just make a note of that . :)
Go on. You just know you want to use it in the same sentence as transient & ephemeral. ;)

How did you guess !!! I'm working on it . :D :D:DApplaud SmileyDon't you just hate people who plagiarise your posts. ; \
Plagarism is a form of compliment. :p ; )