Decent bathroom fan, please gents

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evening my learned friends.

Our bathroom extractor fan has broken. There is an existing 100mm duct ~400mm straight to the outside wall. I have a 3C&E and need an overrun. It is currently mains voltage, but I would like SELV as it's in zone 2 over the bath. Final requirement must be available mail order as I live miles from anywhere.

What would you suggest as a decent fan?

Thanks for your time

Hi,

Bathroom fans IP44 are ok in zone 2 provided they are on an RCD. If you go the SELV route you won't need [although you canyuse] the 3 core but

you have to rejig the wiring for the transformer. In terms of make the one i really like but is expensive is the on with the 3 blade shutter opening. Trouble is can't remember the name of it. Someone will be along to fill in the missing name but they are around 40 squids in the mains version.

Dunx

Xpelair are one of the better known ones, Marley do one thats IP44. You could have a look at the wholesalers own brands.

I have one similar to this ApacheI have both the mains and ELV versions if you want one posted to you,

if your interested I'll get the model nums for you.
That's very generous, but I need a few other bits from Screwfix. Think I'll order the one I linked, seems to have decent extraction level.

Scoobed

Good choice id say apache axial is fine as you are only ducting through wall.

You could save the world with this one if you choose for a few more pounds.

Vent-Axia

Would agree with Wozz`s comment on the carbon-reduced stuff (though I`m yet to be convinced on this, as we`ve previously discussed).....

Where I can, I try to use in-line duct fans; then I chuck either of these in (both delivered from TLC)

4 Inch In Line Duct Extractor Fan - 160m3/hr - SILENT for a reasonable extraction; or

4 Inch In Line Duct Extractor Fan - 250m3/hr for the mutts danglies

KME

n.b. the "icon" range are good at doing what they say on the box; and looking good whilst doing it

(bit like a high-class cathouse vs a fleapit, IYKWIM????)

Good choice id say apache axial is fine as you are only ducting through wall. You could save the world with this one if you choose for a few more pounds.
Sod the environment, I'm a Yorkshireman.

Ordered the one I linked - thanks for input guys :D

sod this,Im gonna stop offering stuff for free on here,

nobody ever wants it. :(

its not all tat from junkies houses ya know!
Mate, I can afford to buy one. Sell it to a punter and get your new drill bought!

I really do appreciate the offer, honestly.

:|