Bathroom extractor fan FCU & Isolation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jona404

Reaction score
Hi hoping someone can explain in plain english for me - hours of google got me more confused than when i started

regarding wiring a overrun extractor fan direct from a 3amp fcu on lighting circuit . . all examples i can find seem to have fcu to a lamp holder using the L, Loop & N to feed the isolator, which then connects the fan . .

I am using LED downlights (there is no ceiling rose) . . so can i simply take both live and switched live i need for the fan from the out/load L of the spur?

this would (via a switch on one of the conductors) provide my Line, Switch line & Neutral into the Isolator and on too the fan yes?

finally . . at this point can i run from the input side of the isolater to feed combined LED downlight . . or it best keep this separate - stick on end of rest of radial etc

any helpful comments are greatly received, if i havnt been clear please ask me to explain rather than moan on . . i am still learning :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so my first thoughts were full of holes cabling wise  . . anyone point me to a diagram i would be gratefull

Read a few similar threads . . Got two of them in adjacent rooms . . Lots of plastic in the roof space . . Lesson learned!

Latest posts