Di Assesment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo86

Reaction score
Hi. I have my initial Domestic installer assesment with NIC coming up. Do i have to use NIC certificates?

Many thanks

However they like you to use their forms and buy their publications so they gain more of your hard earned cash

Do NOT ask them difficult questions...they are not programmed for this

Do not ask 'How would you........'       ...they are not programmed for this

Do not confuse them with a choice of confectionary       ...they are not programmed for this

Do not panic, keep calm.....no bull as ...they are  programmed for this

Copious Tea and coffe    ...they are programmed for this

Have ALL relevant Regs OSG BSs  to hand as they go really moody if you do not have them OR if you do have them and you cannot find your way around them

Remember they can only criticise paperwork for work you HAVE done................this includes temporary connections,   since you should not connect if you have not tested

Relax, it will be fine.................what's the worst that can happen???????????????????????????????????

However they like you to use their forms and buy their publications so they gain more of your hard earned cashDo NOT ask them difficult questions...they are not programmed for this

Do not ask 'How would you........'       ...they are not programmed for this

Do not confuse them with a choice of confectionary       ...they are not programmed for this

Do not panic, keep calm.....no bull as ...they are  programmed for this

Copious Tea and coffe    ...they are programmed for this

Have ALL relevant Regs OSG BSs  to hand as they go really moody if you do not have them OR if you do have them and you cannot find your way around them

Remember they can only criticise paperwork for work you HAVE done................this includes temporary connections,   since you should not connect if you have not tested

Relax, it will be fine.................what's the worst that can happen???????????????????????????????????
And  make sure you have a towel within easy   reach,  because they will shortly demolish the Earth   to make room  for an Inter-Galactic highway.

The documents about this have been available for a month in the locker  that is always locked in the basement, behind the door with the note on that says "Beware of the Leopard" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
And  make sure you have a towel within easy   reach,  because they will shortly demolish the Earth   to make room  for an Inter-Galactic highway.
The documents about this have been available for a month in the locker  that is always locked in the basement, behind the door with the note on that says "Beware of the Leopard" :)
However the NICEIC can provide you with a fully integrated Leopard awareness course

This will qualify you to be Aware of Leopards BUT there are additional modules for Leopard contaiment, recognition, earthing, special locations where they can be found.    Also testing and inspection of contained animal.............the list goes on

Imagine if that happened with the Regs?

Evans has the key to the basement door ( dunno why, he disappears down there with regularity, accompanied by miscellaneous grunting and snuffling noises.

The locked door, behind which is the leopard-protected document, is access controlled by the trailer-boy (i.e. he won`t give the key out for anyone.) I believe the "spare" medication has been stckpiled in there somewhere, along with the bones of the NICEIC DI inspectors who actually dared to fail someone ;)

Latest posts