Dno choices and arrangements

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudassar08

Reaction score
Hi chaps question of mine.
If a property is Tt would all the properties in the road be tt aswell? Or can they be differnt
Cheers

Hello poni. My question is if you dont understand me from b4 :))
Will all the properties on the same road have same earth arrangements?
For example if one property on the road is tt would all of them be tt too?

there's a few street around here where the main supply comes fromt he road as TNS into 1 property, then loops to next as TT

sometimes as above but TNCS to first service head

some areas has mostly TT but some have been made into TNCS

sometimes DNO take the lazy fix on a faulty TNS and make it into TNCS instead of fixing the actual fault

Hi chaps question of mine.
If a property is Tt would all the properties in the road be tt aswell? Or can they be differnt
Cheers

Maybe - Maybe Not??

Could depend upon the age of the properties...?
If the whole street was built at the same time...?
If previous cables faults have necessitated the need to change the earthing arrangements...?
I am reasonably confident that parts of our street could well have different earth types..

As mentioned while answering some of you other posts..
its probably quicker to ring the DNO & get a local electrician round to have a look..

(Also its best not to keep starting new threads on what is just a slight variation to a question you have asked in a previous thread)

I live in a rural street, most houses are overhead - but some have been converted to PME (hopefully officially) so it may vary - it does here